We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top or 'posh' restaurant please

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Addlestone, Surrey
reviews: 1
Top or 'posh' restaurant please

Hello, everyone,

I am off to Manila in three days. I have promised my Filipino friends that I will take them to a top-grade restaurant while I am there. They say that they are 'ordinary people' so have never been to one. As I am an ordinary person too, I have never been to one, but this is my holiday and Manila is a lot more affordable than London. Can someone recommend a top restaurant I can take them to, not necessarily Filipino cuisine, to give them a taste of western food. Sorry for the short notice, but I would be grateful for a rapid response.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 116
11. Re: Top or 'posh' restaurant please

Zerk,

Try Tin Hau also at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Makati. For an inexpensive Chinese meal, check out Mr. Choi at the Robinson's Galleria in Ortigas. It's near Gold's gym.

Guam, USA
reviews: 13
12. Re: Top or 'posh' restaurant please

Thank you for the recommendations. Any great Chinese restaurants in Chinatown aside from Presidents' that you can recomment?

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 116
13. Re: Top or 'posh' restaurant please

My Chinese friends like the food in Wah Yuen Restaurant in Escolta although it's not much on ambience like the President.

mlm2126
reviews: 22
14. Re: Top or 'posh' restaurant please

I absolutely LOVE Cafe Ysabel

http://www.cafeysabel.com/

Address:

415 Pasay Road, Makati City

Tel. 844-13-09

I guess you would classify it as Continental European Cuisine. Lots of rich pastas, desserts, coffees...utterly delicious!

Mindanao...
reviews: 109
15. Re: Top or 'posh' restaurant please

You might try one of the Via Mare frestaurants, now at Greenbelt in Makati and at Power Plant also in Makati (two side by side). In the old Via Mare (seems like it's been under renovatoin for a long time, open again yet, anyone), I was there once when Mrs. Aquino was the chief sponsor at a wedding reception, to give yu an idea of the food/service/atmosphere.

morpeth...
reviews: 21
16. Re: Top or 'posh' restaurant please

the sunday lunch buffet at the shangrila is excellent value and a fantastic range of top nosh,service and a great setting-you really will be impressed.about 15 pound per head and remember to leave room for the gorgeous desserts.

L'Incontro italian restaurant is our favourite place to eat in makati.first class food, service and just the whole experience of top quality dining at a fraction of the cost to london rip off art on a plate dishes.piano playing and violinists walking past your table-stop one if youre not shy.if you like top italian food,and believe me there is something for everyone on the menu, then you wont forget this place.

17. Re: Top or 'posh' restaurant please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, August 12, 2009