We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Days in Manila

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sibiu, Romania
reviews: 19
2 Days in Manila

Hello everybody!

At the beginning of November, my husband and I are going to spend our honeymoon in Boracay, but we will have one day in Manila before flying into Boracay and one at the end of our honeymoon, before flying back home.

I would really appreciate your advice concerning the following:

1 - we are going to stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, next to Glorietta Mall. How much will the taxi cost from terminal 1 of the airport to the hotel?

2 - I have read that the best exchange offices are the ones in the city, not in the airport. Depending on the cost for the taxi, we will exchange a certain amount of money in the airport and the rest in the city. Which exchange office do you recommend to be the best closest to our location?

3 - I have read all the posts about shopping in Manila. Taking into consideration that we have quite a short time there and we can not visit all the malls, I would like to get advice about the best places to shop for cheap souvenirs, branded clothes and shoes, pearls and also fake/replicas of branded handbags, watches, clothes, shoes (malls or street/night market). Can you negociate the price in all malls or just in some of them?

Thank you very much for all your replies in advance!

11 replies to this topic
Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 15
1. Re: 2 Days in Manila

2. Czarina has a lot of branches in Makati.

3. Greenhills.

Friendly reminder: Keep an eye on your belongings and pockets. Put your bag/purse in front of you specially when shopping.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,161
2. Re: 2 Days in Manila

Greenbelt 1 has a moneychanger on its ground floor near the toilets. Its rates are not as good as the famed Edzen and Sheena moneychangers in Ermita (Manila Bay area) But it is too much of a hassle to travel to the latter if you only have a short time in MNL.

Irvine, California
reviews: 51
3. Re: 2 Days in Manila

the diff in money changers to the airport is minimal i find, a few cents on the dollar. when leaving the airport get a taxi with a meter or if they dont have one set the price before you get in the car. off the top of my head it shouldnt be much, a few hundred peso, 500 tops. thats like 10 bucks usa, very cheap for the distance.

travel time will vary, 20-40 min depending on traffic.

you only have 1 day, glorrietta will be fine, that thing is huge, makes most american malls look child like. if you want mall of asia is close to the airport.

4. Re: 2 Days in Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, January 28, 2014

Gothenburg, Sweden
5. Re: 2 Days in Manila

Another try to get some info on similar markets in Manila as the ones in Beejing (silk market, ya show etc)

Please share any info you have whether I can find any similar markets in Manila.

Thanks

Appreciate the input!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 627
6. Re: 2 Days in Manila

Greenhills has what you are looking for.

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 15
7. Re: 2 Days in Manila

Yup. Greenhills is the closest you can get to Yashow and Silk Markets. Minus the extremely inflated initial price. You waste too much time and energy bargaining in Silk and Yashow.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 240
8. Re: 2 Days in Manila

Actually Divisoria is the best but Greenhills is more tourist friendly.

Stick to Greenhills.

Gothenburg, Sweden
9. Re: 2 Days in Manila

Great input cheers all!!

I'm curious whether the quality of the products are the same as in Silk/Yashow or less?

I'm aware that you can find extremely poor quality products such as high end quality products depending on where u look and how much u willing to pay for an item.

Not sure if that's applicable in Greenhills and Divisoria though. You guys would know better.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 17
10. Re: 2 Days in Manila

Hello Alexandra!

Great to read your post. Here are my answers:

1 - If you're taking the YELLOW TAXI (Airport Taxi) Flag down rate starts at Php 70.00. You should be spending around php 350.00 for your destination in Makati.

2 - Since you're staying near Glorietta, Greenbelt, and Landmark, the recommended Forex is at Czarina's or Sanry's. Sanry's is located at Greenbelt 1 while Czarina's located at Glorietta.

3 -If you don't want to go far, you can go to SM Makati which is just a stone throw away from your hotel. They have a souvenir shop called KULTURA. But if what you're looking for are bargain prices, then go to Greenhills Shopping Center (around 2 hours considering traffic) or Divisoria (this is where the cheapest goods are, but be careful when you get there. you should be mindful of your belongings).

Reply to: 2 Days in Manila
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted