We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Undecided on which suburb/area to stay in

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
reviews: 13
Undecided on which suburb/area to stay in

Hi all,

We are going to be in the Philippines staying in puerto galera but on our way back we were thinking of doing a few days in central Manila before we fly out. I was wondering what would be the best centrally located neighbourhood for doing shopping in some of the major malls and possibly a few other day time activities. We are on a rather tight budget (500-1000php) so would be looking for somewhere relatively cheap to stay.

Thanks

Oslo
reviews: 109
11. Re: Undecided on which suburb/area to stay in

Mig, for that price, he can get a cheap hotel room in Makati. He is limited he said to P500 to P1000.

Auckland
12. Re: Undecided on which suburb/area to stay in

Thanks for all the replies on the subject, the tickets to Philippines were bought as a impulse buy so hve not done a lot of research as of yet.

But as I mentioned 1000 would be my ideal budget but if it has to be increases then tht is what must be done.

I will have a closer look at all the recommendations in the next few days and make some inquiries to a few.

Thanks for all your help, these forums never fail to impress me time and time again.

Auckland
13. Re: Undecided on which suburb/area to stay in

Thanks for all the replies on the subject, the tickets to Philippines were bought as a impulse buy so hve not done a lot of research as of yet.

But as I mentioned 1000 would be my ideal budget but if it has to be increases then tht is what must be done.

I will have a closer look at all the recommendations in the next few days and make some inquiries to a few.

Thanks for all your help, these forums never fail to impress me time and time again.

Quezon City...
reviews: 2
14. Re: Undecided on which suburb/area to stay in

Check out MNL Boutique Hostel in the outskirts of Makati, as well as Our Awesome Hostel. These might fit your budget nicely. As for cheap shopping, try to get to Greenhills, or Divisoria/Chinatown, which has 168 Mall, 999 Mall, and Lucky Chinatown. Be sure though to secure your things if you go to Divisoria!

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
15. Re: Undecided on which suburb/area to stay in

I would stay in Makati. If you could raise your budget a bit there are budget options. Clippers, Tune and Hotel Durban. They are all in the Burgos area which doesnt bother me at all since there are more at the edge of this area than anything. Rooms can come as cheap as 1200-1450 with aircon, ref, cable tv and wifi. I can guarantee you that these establishments are clean, safe. And great advantage is you can walk to the malls, museums, parks, weekend markets. It is all there so you save money on transpo.

Walking around Malate however can be stressful. But if it is local flavor you want then maybe it is better for you...

16. Re: Undecided on which suburb/area to stay in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 13, 2014