We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila during the wet season

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
Manila during the wet season

Hello Everybody

I have a slightly crystal ball question, I know Manila in its wet/rainy season, however is it still possible to get out and about and do a few things?

I plan on maybe doing a trip next week and I am worried about the weather. Does weather normally follow a pattern? Rains in the morning or late after noon, rains heavily for a hour then the rest of the day is fine?

I know these are predictive questions and can only be answered generally. I have looked at 10 forecasts and they generally seem 60% rain (scattered thunder storms)

Thanks in advanced

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
11. Re: Manila during the wet season

The key here is if there is a typhoon or Low Pressure Area at the time of your visit, if there's none then expect more sunshine than rain. It rained this morning for about an hour and now the ground is already dry.

Oslo
reviews: 122
12. Re: Manila during the wet season

rain today, but not bad and still can do many things. MAN OF STEEL is on our agenda. Rain or shine, there are always things to do.

13. Re: Manila during the wet season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:08 pm, August 19, 2013
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
14. Re: Manila during the wet season

It's raining right now and I am munching longanisa and fried rice with plenty of garlic. Yummy!

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 238
15. Re: Manila during the wet season

@ Kelger,

mmmm....Enjoy the longanisa for another 2 days! Thanks to TS Maring, Pagasa has now issued a red alert for Manila floods.

As for me? I am enjoying a hot cuppa in cold Baguio.....

Oslo
16. Re: Manila during the wet season

you live, its old news, the place in many areas is totally flooded. To answer the OP original question, just take a look at this.

…yahoo.com/heavy-rains-swamp-metro-manila--n…

This is not a daily occurrence and Makati is a good area to stay at as well with less flooding.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
17. Re: Manila during the wet season

I'm currently here at Alabang Town Center and it is like Christmas as the whole population of southern Metro Manila is here because there are no classes and most offices are also closed... but of course not the malls.

Oslo
18. Re: Manila during the wet season

The malls in Makati are unusually slow today as are the streets void of the usual traffic.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 775
19. Re: Manila during the wet season

@YLOO Is it cold inside your cave?

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
20. Re: Manila during the wet season

It's still raining here in Metro Manila and roads going to the airport are all flooded.