We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet another accommodation question?

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 39
Yet another accommodation question?

Hi All,

I am visiting Manila for the first time in April and the more I read the more confused I am getting... I am looking for a hotel for 6 nights, I'm willing to pay up to $100.00 AUD a night. I would prefer b'fast be included, an outdoor pool and a central/good location. Good location to me is somewhere safe (I don't plan on walking the streets at midnight), an easy walk to cafe/coffee shops, close to a mall and the LRT.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 238
11. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

Hi TMF 73,

a) WHY do you want to stay in Manila for 6 days? If you have work here, then that is fine. If yo are a tourist, I would suggest you get out immediately and spend the 6 days in one of the beautiful islands with beaches of the Philippines

b) 100 AUD is a decent budget - I suggest you stay at one of the hotels in Makati. Just do a TA / agoda / booking.com search after feeding in your budget and you should get some good responses. Breakfast is usually included, Makati is a good clean and safe area (it is among the more upmarket parts of Manila).

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
12. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

@ TMF73: It's good to hear that you decided to stretch your budget a little bit, I'm sure that you will not regret it. Is that Holiday Inn Makati? If I have to choose between a tried-and-tested hotel and a new hotel I would go for the latter as I love it when the sheets and towels are in their whitest form and everything is new regardless where I look.

Vancouver
reviews: 6
13. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

Hi folks

I'm going to visit Manila for 3 days at the start of April. I plan to stay at the Picasso. They got a special rate going on for 3700 peso. Good deal? Seems nice. Any comments would be awesome.

Any foreigners wanna hang on the 30th of March? Got a free night lol :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 773
14. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

Scappy best to start your own thread to maximise replies.

Tommo

Oslo
reviews: 122
15. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

tommo, which hotel is the 4 star crazy rate any idea..for Makati??

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
16. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

Scrappy,

You will get more replies if you start your own thread. ;)

I have stayed at the Picasso.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 773
17. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

@leftover

There are no Makati Crazy Rates Special at the moment. Hopefully they will return soon.

Only Manila and Ortigas are available. As you know the Manila 5 Star is the Manila Hotel and the Ortigas 5 Star was Crown Galleria but unsure of the 5 Star Manila Boutique Hotel. Perhaps someone else may know!

Tommo

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 39
18. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

Hi Kegler747, yes I've just booked The Holiday Inn Makati. I'm looking forward to staying in a brand new hotel, lets hope it doesn't disappoint! I'll be sure to do a review once I've stayed.

Hi YouLiveOnlyOnce - thanks for the tip, yes i'm a tourist on my first trip to Manila and I'm looking forward to exploring the city, i'm sure i'll find lots to do over the six days and still have some time to relax next to the pool.

Thanks to all who provided advice/recommendations, I've still got a bit of research and reading to do on Manila and may be back to ask some more questions :)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
19. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

You're welcome. I will attend a seminar at Holiday Inn next month so I will be staying there also. The only downside about booking new hotels is that the service may not be that consistent yet because many employees are just newly trained but you can be sure that they are very eager to please.

San Jose, California
reviews: 13
20. Re: Yet another accommodation question?

@leftover & Tommo

Not to get off topic, I was interested in the Crazy Rate Manila 5 Star which I had seen previously described as the Manila hotel. However, when you click on it now and read the reviews, the hotel name in the reviews are H2O; which used to be Crazy Rate Manila - Boutique.

Now when you click on Crazy Rate Manila - Boutique there are no reviews.

I ended up booking a condo anyway but just saying....

Edited: 2:56 pm, March 16, 2013