We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobeline Car Rental vs Avalon Car Rental

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 28
Mobeline Car Rental vs Avalon Car Rental

Have been seeing both company names mentioned repeatedly in the forums. Made phone inquiries & noted a significant difference between their quotes for a chauffeur driven van. Avalon gave me a P5,500 all inclusive quote for a hotel to Batangas port drop off on 2002 model van. Mobeline gave me a P2,800 ++ quote for the same trip with a 2005 model van. Any thoughts? Appreciate your input. Thanks so much.

Danville, CA
1. Re: Mobeline Car Rental vs Avalon Car Rental

Have used Avalon at least three times and have concerns that you may have been quoted wrong or they misunderstood your needs. I have used a driver and van for ten hours in Batangas and even further and the rates have never been over 1,800 for ten hours and 10% more for every extra hour. I suggest you call them again and explain your trip. Cannot believe that they would be over 3,000 higher than the competitor.

Avalon is very reputable and as an American in need of rental van and driver, I believe they are extremely competitive.

Not sure of Mobeline. Have never used them since I have been pleased with Avlaon. I am sure Mobelin is also a good company.

Tokyo, Japan
2. Re: Mobeline Car Rental vs Avalon Car Rental

Thanks for your input MrPaul 722. Will surely check on the prices AGAIN !!!

Tokyo, Japan
3. Re: Mobeline Car Rental vs Avalon Car Rental

MrPaul722,

Just spoke with the manager Rose & informed her that a repeat customer who I could not name has advised me of a P1,800 Batangas quote. She recanted the P5,500 price saying that is the all inclusive price but is able to give me a P2,800 with driver price for a Batangas drop off as well as a Pagsanjan (10 hour) round trip if we took care of parking, tolls, gasoline. She stands by her claim that P1,800 is only available for a Metro Manila rental. Advised her that it was good business sense on their part if they gave prospective clients a choice of taking the all inclusive deal vs the client paying deal for tolls, gas etc.

Thanks for your money saving input. Will let you know how this goes.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 115
4. Re: Mobeline Car Rental vs Avalon Car Rental

We have used Mobeline several times in the past but with a self-driven car. They have very well maintained vehicles and their drivers who bring the car to our place are quite professional as I see and talk to them. Mobeline has a 24 hour service back-up that covers anywhere you are. If the car breaks down they will bring a replacement car for you anywhere you are (though this has fortunately never happened yet) so I'm quite happy with their service. The latest rate they gave me wasP1,800 for Metro Manila use (exluding fuel, meals and tolls)

Tokyo, Japan
5. Re: Mobeline Car Rental vs Avalon Car Rental

Many thanks. GeminiTraveler !!!

Northampton
6. Re: Mobeline Car Rental vs Avalon Car Rental

My wife and I have used Mobeline 4 times now and find their rates excellent, even though at times puzzling - eg its is cheaper to hire a Honda City for a month than 3 weeks! I refuse to drive in Manila so we arrange for a driver to bring the vehicle to the hotel where the paperwork is sorted out, and then have their driver drive us in the hired car to Tarlac, from where he retuens using public transport. This service is excellent.Sta Ana is a terrible place to get to so take my advice and deal like I have detailed. Speak to a girl called BING PRONOUNCED Beeeeeng! She will negotiate a price. Only one word of caution - always pay a little extra and go for the NEW vehicle - the one 2 - 3 years old have had many punctures and show tyres with wear and unreliability. Also make sure they check oil and water before accepting the car. Marks 9 out of 10.

7. Re: Mobeline Car Rental vs Avalon Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 10, 2009