We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila Airport

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
KL
reviews: 5
Manila Airport

I am planning a visit to Manila/Coron end April. I am looking at flights now and would like to know the process/travel time from Terminal 1 to terminal 3. My flight would arrive in Manila T1 at 12 pm and my next flight to Busuanga would be at 3.15 pm from T3. Would the 3 hours be enough to get out of T1 and get to T3? I would be arriving on a Saturday.

16 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
1. Re: Manila Airport

If your flight is on time from KL and clearing of immigration and customs is fast, I do not foresee any issue.

Of course pray that the traffic is ok.

KL
reviews: 5
2. Re: Manila Airport

Would 3 hours from T3 to T1 on a Saturday as well be enough too?

clare,ireland
3. Re: Manila Airport

its not about the travel time between them -its whether the first flight will be on time ,flights can be delayed or schedule can change at any time -for safety would be advisable to be in manila night before unless your international flight is late /evening /night

Edited: 9:32 am, February 09, 2013
Oslo
reviews: 101
4. Re: Manila Airport

you can do it and even easier on a Saturday, of course if no big problems.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
5. Re: Manila Airport

The process is very the same as arriving at LCCT and departing for a connecting flight at KLIA. Allow 20 mins travel time between those terminals in a Sat. afternoon. 3 hrs is more than enough as long as your KL-Manila flight would not be significantly delayed.

clare,ireland
6. Re: Manila Airport

the saturday travel is from term 3 to term 1 -from a domestic flight to an international flight -would ye all risk it with only 3 hr connection?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
7. Re: Manila Airport

Actually it is a little tight in my opinion, but if the OP only has this option, then he have to make the best of it.

Else as you have suggested, an overnight stay in Manila is preferred.

Again, the critical part is the flight from KL must be on time.

manila
reviews: 86
8. Re: Manila Airport

3.5 hours should be enough IMO. 12nn is not a hectic time for immigration and customs in T1 as most of the jumbos have already left and they land late in the evening. Figure about 1 hour to clear customs and immigration and another 30 minutes T1-T3 via taxi. 30-45 minutes to get to the check in desk after clearing initial security and another 30 minutes to check in and get to the gate.

Providing, of course that your inbound flight is on time and there are no snafus, you should be OK.

Vancouver, Wn.
reviews: 3
9. Re: Manila Airport

Life is a risk. I have almost exactly 3 hours between arriving at terminal 3 and departing terminal 1.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
10. Re: Manila Airport

I agree beachlover009, for anything else there is travel insurance which I see to it that I always have as every inconvenience that I encounter like delays, cancellations, lost of luggage etc. I know that I will be compensated.

Reply to: Manila Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted