We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
reviews: 15
Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

Need to transfer from T1 to T3 during noon time. Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults? If not what other options are available. Shuttle bus is out of the option because of limited transfer time. Would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

clare,ireland
1. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

that would really depend on the size of adults and how much luggage carrying ,,for more comfort -why not get 2 taxi? wouldnt be that expensive

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 520
2. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

Best to get a van.

Tommo

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 90
3. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

5 adult passengers in a taxi is not practical. Get 2 taxis. It's the simplest option.

manila
reviews: 81
4. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

Or you can get a coupon taxi. They have bigger options (AUV, Innova, Van). Just across the yellow taxi queue.

Oslo
reviews: 99
5. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

yes go with Coupon taxi. Yellow ill not want to take 5 of you and I dont blame them as its crowded.

Iloilo City...
reviews: 18
6. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

Hi!

You'll have to get a van or an AUV (Innova, etc), or two taxis.

The maximum capacity of taxis is five adults, INCLUDING the driver. Anything more than that and the driver risks being pulled over and written a ticket.

Some cab drivers are more than willing to overload their cabs for a little extra (this is the Philippines, after all). I wouldn't recommend this though.

alkhobar
reviews: 8
7. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

Airport porters would be more than happy to assist, arrange and provide you with a larger vehicle. Just tell them your concern and destination. Sadly, they expect to be tipped (and will not be insulted. This is not HK, afterall)

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 233
8. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

Yes - only if one of the passengers is a child on the lap. (Note : do not try this stunt with a fully grown adult! he he!)

Else No - yellow cabs have a maximum capacity of 5 people including the driver It is always 3 on the back seat, and one in front next to the driver.

Not to mention that it would be terribly uncomfortable to squish in 5 passengers in the cab.

take 2 cabs - or take a big van (like a starex) or a forest vehicle (like a toyota innova taxi)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
9. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

And with 5 in the taxi where would all the luggage go?

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
10. Re: Can yellow taxi accommodate 5 adults?

I used this service to book their vans for my family to and from the airport:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298573-i3261-k510…

From memory MH had some issues. I didnt have any issues but after arriving I did text them.

You could even call them or text them when you arrive as they do have multiple vehicles.

Tommo