We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Petaling Jaya...
reviews: 13
Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

I landed at Clark Airport or DMIA at 10.15 am on 23rd Jan 2013. The flight was 15 minutes ahead of schedule and I spend 1 hour inside the arrival waiting for another passenger from another flight beyond the custom clearance point. . Clearing immigration and custom was seamless and as we exited the custom area we saw 4 booths in operation, the first one on the left dealing with currency exchange and the second one was an information kiosk on tourism. On the RHS the first one was selling SIM card for handphone and the last booth for Philtranco Bus to Manila. Beyond this point you have exited the arrival area. We bought Sim Cards which entitled us to send 35 SMS only but can received both calls and SMS for 120 pesos.

Just before I left for Manila I learned that there will be a bus to Trinoma Mall at Quezon City for 200 pesos. Enquries at the Tourism Booth drew a blank while the lady manning the Bus booth told us there will be one at 6.30 pm, nearly 6 hours later so I was left wondering how many rides did this service operate a day if at all. The Philtranco Bus was due to leave at 12.40 pm and cost 450 pesos to Pasay or 400 to SM Megamall. Since there were 4 of us in a family we decided to take a taxi instead.

So, we got out of the arrival hall and the first booth we noticed was one managing taxis. A quick glance at the board displaying the price list showed that a taxi ride to Makati, Metro Manila cost 3,916 pesos.. What was interesting was there were guys in uniform around offering us taxi for 3,500 which was eventually settled for 3000 to Makati. I specifically mentioned that I expected to be dropped off at Tune Hotel, Makati. We were then led to the taxi stand and put in a Innova Van with the company name ESCAPED printed at the side. I thought that was it and I am now on the way to Manila. Alas it was not to be. We were driven about 3 Km out and then asked to change to another van without any identification except for the number plate. Along we went and after passing the toll , the driver's handphone rang and he told me that the lady who agreed to the fare said I have to pay 3,500 pesos to Tune Hotel because she was under the impression that I was going to Kimberly Hotel. I was firm and told the driver to send me back to Clark airport if he cannot deliverd me to my destination. Anyway it ended well and I was at Tune Hotel 90 minutes after boarding the first van.

The driver lost of a tip because of a misunderstanding or a purported scam which I will never know. I stayed in Manila for 3 nights at Tune Makati, 2 nights at Tune Ermita and the last one at Tune Angeles but my chidren stayed at Global City with their cousin. All in we took 18 taxi rides, a return bus trip to Tanauan, one long triclyle ride of 15 km and sat on jeepneys thrice. We enjoyed our trip to Manila and will write reviews of the places we went for shopping, sightseeing ,restauarnts and also the transportation system

las vegas
reviews: 10
1. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

How's that for first impression?glad you held your ground,hopefully you and your family had a great time in Manila.....

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 589
2. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

Thaksin

Look forward to yur reviews and Im glad you didnt sucumb to paying the extra 500Php.

Tommo

alkhobar
reviews: 8
3. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

Did you notice the color of the number-plates?

Some private entities use their privately-registered vehicle for "public transport service". If you were caught along with the driver it would be an embarassment and a great inconvenience to you.

For the benefit of future reader

Private vehicle has WHITE background and GREEN letters/numbers

Public Utility Vehicle has YELLOW background and BLACK letter/numbers

Always, dont be shy or reluctant to ask for registration, business permits if you are dealing with private drivers in the Philippines.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 235
4. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

A good and useful report - Thaksin. Thanks for sharing it.

I am sure many travelers will find your practical advice useful

I could not help noting the irony in the name of your first tax, though! "escaped" ... he he!

Petaling Jaya...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

#3 gives a very useful info which I was not aware of when I landed at Clark Airport. Anyway i found the calling card of the people loitering around the taxi booth. It is DR Transport Services with address at 89 Dau Spillway Dau Mabalacat, Philippines so please write down the hotel which you want to be dropped when dealing with them and letting then know that you expect a direct transfer to hotel from airport without a change of vehicle. 3000 Php is a fair price to Makati for a Innova Van.

I would like to know if anyone has taken the bus from Clark to Trinoma Mall or vice versa as 200 Php is a very competitive price to travel between the 2 points. When I left on the 29th Feb, I was at the airport twice so on all three coccasions i never caught sight of the bus.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,118
6. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

TA member tommomelbourne might be kind enough to place this under TA's 'Top Questions' for how to travel from Clark to manila, a question that is arising more frequently because of the gradually growing number of flights using Clark.

It is an excellent, real world experience. Thank you also for offering to post forma;l TA reviews as these are read by many prospective travellers.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 589
7. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

This has now been added to the 'Getting from Clark (Pampanga) to Metro Manila (and vice versa' link.

Tommo

Penang Island...
8. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

Our first time coming up in March! We have 1 day/night in Manila arriving 11am at NAIA airport Manila and must be at Clark next afternoon for our flight to KL at.16.45. Where would you spend that time for that 1 night where you get a feel for Manila without being in dodgy areas and reach Clark timeously and where we can possibly use the buses and jeepneys rather than expensive taxis?

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 235
9. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

Hi,

Your question has been answered here in the TA forum.

tripadvisor.com/…47382793

10. Re: Clark To Manila; My Experience: First Time To Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 21, 2014