We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

engagement rings

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
reviews: 39
engagement rings

what sort of prices would i be looking at for a engagement ring in a fillipino jewellers

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
1. Re: engagement rings

Just like anywhere else it depends on the intricacy of the design, workmanship, size of the diamond and karat of the gold. I don't personally know your would be fiance but I'm sure she would be happy if you will give her something in the range of Php80,000-100,000 that you could find in reliable jewelers in malls in Manila.

If you will have a stopover in the Middle East or Singapore or Hong Kong on your way here then buy there instead.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
2. Re: engagement rings

You are looking at 180k and up per carat, depending on how many carats the ring is, also clarity, color and cut of stone. The higher the carats, the more expensive per carat usually. For example, you can buy a 1 carat diamond for 180k. But for the same qualities, a 3 carat ring will go for 250k up per carat.

It depends also on what your girl wants or the setting she prefers. Some want it simple and some do not want a traditional diamond. Jewelry in the Phil tho, like Hong kong, are not taxed (unless that has changed). So it is cheaper to buy here than Europe.

Now if your girlfriend was me and you get me anything less than 3 carats, I will scream.

Kidding. ;)

clare,ireland
3. Re: engagement rings

sole -ill get you 3 carrots and an onion

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
4. Re: engagement rings

Clare,

Carrot soup then. ;)

5. Re: engagement rings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, August 21, 2013
6. Re: engagement rings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 23, 2014