We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM Debit/Credit card

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gympie, Australia
ATM Debit/Credit card

Hello once again and thank you all who helped me previously. Can you please tell me whether I can use a debit card at the HSBC or Citibank ATMS or must it be a credit card at these ATMs as well?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 184
1. Re: ATM Debit/Credit card

Yes you can use your debit card as long as it has a logo of Maestro, Cirrus, Plus, Mastercard, Visa or Discovery.

Gympie, Australia
2. Re: ATM Debit/Credit card

Thank you very much for your help.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 184
3. Re: ATM Debit/Credit card

To avoid any problem I highly suggest that you advise the bank that issued your debit card that you will use your card abroad.

Oslo
reviews: 122
4. Re: ATM Debit/Credit card

good advice Keg.

Gympie, Australia
5. Re: ATM Debit/Credit card

Yes, we normally do this and thanks for the advice. We appreciate any little bits of help and we're very much looking forward to the trip.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: ATM Debit/Credit card

Although i did not use my debit card at any of the banks mentioned when I used my card at any bank there was a limit of 10000 pesos a day and they charged a fee of 200 pesos per transaction.

Have a great time, i know i did :)

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: ATM Debit/Credit card

Sorry got the limit a bit wrong, the limit was 10000 but you can withdraw as many times as you want during the day.

Gympie, Australia
8. Re: ATM Debit/Credit card

Thank you all.

9. Re: ATM Debit/Credit card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 10, 2014