We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne,Australia
reviews: 4
Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

Thinking of flying Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class from Melbourne to Manila shortly. Does anyone know if the seats in business class are lie flat or the angled ones similar to Thai airways.

Personally i find it hard to sleep on these as i tend to slide off.

Any advice appreciated.

1. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:06 pm, February 04, 2013
Denver, Colorado
reviews: 71
2. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

Full lie flat, 2-3-2 Mabuhay class

philippines
reviews: 335
3. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

…philippineairlines.com/flights/…

…philippineairlines.com/flights/…

Edited: 7:59 pm, February 04, 2013
Hong Kong
reviews: 19
4. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

The PAL website describe the seats as adjustable to varied positions including full flat with 15 degree recline. That means it is angled flat seats, same as in refurbished 747s I took recently.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,293
5. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

Having recently travelled in business class from Manila to Melbourne, it was a superb experience.

There was a four course meal served.

The seat was easy to recline. While no mattress is provided, shorter passengers will be able to sleep without using the last bit of the extended seat which is hard plastic or similar. It is not fully lie flat at the end but this was irrelevant to me. The seat was quite wide so it would be practical for a taller person to be in a foetal position and doze.

There are 6 rows of seven across seating. Try to get a window seat such as 2A, 3A or 6A as these ones have the full large entertainment screen in front of you (at the back of the seat in front) but seats in rows 1 and 5 have the pullout monitors that are not as good.

Ring a travel agent in Melbourne to get a slightly better price than www.philippineairlines.com One agent is in Brunswick West. PM me for the phone number.

Edited: 5:54 pm, February 06, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
6. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

www.philippineairlines.com has not been updated.

Philippine Airlines (airlline code PR) now has four Boeing 777-300ERs in its fleet with two more scheduled for delivery, one of which should arrive in April 2013 and teh other in November 2013.

Given that Philippine carriers remain unable to fly to Europe or to vary the planes that they currently fly to USA, it is a slight mystery where PR will use the new 773s. Lots of new destinations are under consideration: Perth and Darwin in Australia, Milan in Italy, Istanbul in Turkey and so on but the first two will be on a combined flight and hence may use a smaller plane.

Edited: 6:04 pm, February 06, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
7. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

Here is a photo of the Mabuhay (business) class seats:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 71
8. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

It is odd that both wikipedia and Pal,s own website describe these seats as " full flat flat recline with 15 degree angle." , isnt that an "oxymoron. However for those who can afford to pay more for their airline ticket than I do for 3 weeks vacation in the Philippines, congratulations

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
9. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

PHoenix242, at first read a statement such as that seems oxymoronic.

However a piece of particle board could be fully flat while not necessarily level to the surface on which it is laid. That's a poor layman's explanation but you might have a fair idea what I mean.

CA & TWN
reviews: 17
10. Re: Philippine Airlines 777 Business Class

Thinking about taking Philippines Airline business class from Manila to Vancounver in Dec.2013, noted from the website thay they are using Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. Is this the new business class like what you guys have been discussed in this topic? Thanks!