We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu Pacific

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Wn.
reviews: 3
Cebu Pacific

I know it is going to be a slow, long process in get a refund of the cancelled flight but due to medical problems of my companion we will not be able to go on a trip to Thailand in April. Is it possible to make this cancellation on their website"? There is a link for cancellations and change of the dates on a ticket but all I see is changing the dates not complete cancellation of the ticket. Is the only way to make the cancellation with an international call?

14 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 203
1. Re: Cebu Pacific

Did you buy the ticket during a promotion?

If yes, I doubt there will be any refund.

Vancouver, Wn.
2. Re: Cebu Pacific

Maybe , maybe not. Tickets were purchased on a promo. I can change the dates of the trip at a pretty good penality and would consider doing this but bookings can only be made a little less than a year in advance and I would want the trip a little later than this which would mean changing the booking twice at twice the penality. Like I stated the webpage leads to a choice for cancelling trips but when you go there I don't see a way to do this only changing the flight to another time or date.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 203
3. Re: Cebu Pacific

I would suggest that you give them a call then.

Call them during the wee hours Philippines time.

So far my experience is the waiting time is shorter and do not call during the first day of any mega sale.

clare,ireland
4. Re: Cebu Pacific

https:/…RetrieveBooking.aspx -says here you can cancel booking but as mh said if it was promo -then probably no refund -so not worth trying to cancel -let us know how you get on

Vancouver, Wn.
5. Re: Cebu Pacific

Yeah I have tried that. You put your reservation number in and it gives you the option of changing but not cancelling the booking. My booking was on promo but they allow changing booking up to a year from the present date at a fee for the change of 7,000 pesos. Due to when the new trip could take place I would have to rebook twice so a charge of 14,000. Since the total I paid including meals and baggage was 27,700 this maybe my only option.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
reviews: 37
6. Re: Cebu Pacific

Do you have travel insurance? It may be easier to claim through your insurance if you do.

Oslo
reviews: 101
7. Re: Cebu Pacific

how can you claim a cancelled booking thru insurance? Is that covered?

You need to call Cebu Pac directly and also try to Twitter them for more info.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 235
8. Re: Cebu Pacific

@ Beach lover,

Are you in the Philippines currently? If yes, then the most effective way is to approach a travel agent. They do it by immediately talking to the Cebu pacific customer care (saves you the hassle of getting thru to them, talking to them and making them understand what you want - it is a pain!) - the agent charges about 300 pesos for this (depends on the agent), and the money (minus cancellation fee) is remitted into your credit card account within 30 days.

27,700 pesos is a lot of money and I can share your concern - I think this rigmarole is worth doing.

If you are outside Phils, call the Cebu pacific customer care (numbers below), remind them you are outside Phils and ask them what to do. Keep your ticket confirmation number handy. The usually need you to fill a cancellation claim and send it / fax it to their office. The they do the same - refund to your visa account.

The Cebu Pacific call center numbers are -

Manila Office: Tel: +63-2-70-20-888

Cebu Office: Tel: +63-32-230-8888

Hong Kong Office: Tel: +852-397-33800

Singapore Office: Tel: +65-315-80808

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
reviews: 37
9. Re: Cebu Pacific

Depending on your insurance if you have to cancel travel for a medical reason, then yes it may be covered. I imagine you would need a letter from the doctor confirming you are unfit to travel.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 589
10. Re: Cebu Pacific

Yes Travel Insurance generally covers cancellation due to medical reasons.

Tommo

Reply to: Cebu Pacific
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted