We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transit time: What to do

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kochi (Cochin...
reviews: 33
Airport transit time: What to do

Hi,

I will be traveling to Coron shortly, flying from Singapore with a connection flight from Manila.

The 1st flight reaches Manila by 4am, and my connection flight is at 9:40am.

I will be carrying only cabin luggage, and I assume 1hr each for immigration and emmigration.

Still I have around 3hrs left, I guess.

Is there any nearby place that I could visit? I know it is very early, but are there any places?

Is it advisable to go around considering the timings of my flight?

Or, is it better to spend the time at the airport itself?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
1. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

Stay near to the airport for just 3hrs.

Resort World will be your best choice.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
2. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

From Terminal 1 (where SIA will land) there is a free shuttle to Resorts World.

manila
reviews: 89
3. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

Keg, I don't think OP is flying via SQ as there is no flight that arrives at 4AM. I am figuring Jetstar or Cebu Pacific, so perhaps it would be better if the OP would inform us of his inbound flight to MNL and his outbound to BUS

Brighton
reviews: 38
4. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

My advice would be to definetly not just wander the streets of Manila at that time of day.

If all else fails stay put in the terminal ...

Kochi (Cochin...
5. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

yes, I will be traveling via Cebu Pacific flight...

ok, if it is not advisable to travel to Manila, then probably I will stay in the airport..

I am not sure as what to do in Resort World at that time...

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
6. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

Thanks for pointing that out viajeroManila ;-) I may a mild case of dyslexia, hehehe.

manila
reviews: 89
7. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

OK, now your flight will land at T3 and probably depart T3 as I am assuming your onward flight is also Cebu Pacific? Figure about 60-90 minutes to clear customs and immigration and you can actually check in for your onward flight online or that same day (another 30-45 minutes). No need to change terminals so you don't need to factor in traffic. That will leave you a good 2-3.5 hours before your onward flight. Depending on how good you make time, you can have breakfast across the street at Resorts World before crossing back to T3, or you can fill up at the terminal (which is the more pleasant ones amongst the MNL terminals).

Kochi (Cochin...
8. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

ohh...ok...then I will do so...either spend my time in the terminal itself, or to RW Manila...I was thinking of making a quick visit to Intramuros, but I guess I will cancel it....

thank you for the advises... :)

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 234
9. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

My advice would be - stay in the airport only. Traffic in the roads near the airport is notorious - of course, not at 5 am, but definitely at 7 or 8 which is when you would be returning - had you got out. Plus nothing interesting really will be open that early.

Since your connection flight is at 9:40 am, you need to be at the airport by 8:30 (of course, please do an online check in and take a seat on the right side - the sun will not glare at you, and you will be able to see some beautiful islands en route from above. If you WERE on the left side, though, you would see Taal lake - just about 10 minutes after take off - it is a lake inside a volcano, and has an island in it - "island inside a lake inside a volcano inside a lake"!!)

Do remember - there often is a long line to enter NAIA airport - keep 30 minutes for that!

If you are curious to know more about Coron, and the outlying islands, you can see my Coron travel blog here - …blogspot.com/2011/11/my-travels-and-travail…

PS - Intramuros... too far.... too little time... suggest keep it after your Coron trip - you can stay there for a day or two - right inside Intramuros, in white knight hotel - a beautiful historic looking hotel, next to San Augustin church

Edited: 10:47 pm, February 04, 2013
Kochi (Cochin...
10. Re: Airport transit time: What to do

ok, will probably stay in the airport...rather than wander off the streets...yes, if the traffic is high, then no point risking my flight...

thank you for the advise... :)

i had read your blog long back... :-)

when I was researching and planning my trip...

have to say, a nice trip report with some lovely pics...it helped me a lot during my planning... :)

thanks a lot for that as well... :)