We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frankfurt, Germany
Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

HI,

I am arriving MNL airport at 5pm, my 2go ferry to Boracay leaves from Batangas port at 9pm. How do I best (and fastest) get from Ninoy airport to Batangas port? Option would be bus or cab.

To get there in time I would like to know the best solution in advance, so I won't have to decide upon arrival. Is there a bus to Batangas port from Ninoy? What schedules does it run on? How much would it be and how much would a cab be?

thanks in advance and best regards, Bjoern

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 267
1. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

There is no bus from NAIA to Batangas.

You best bet is taxi but it will be expensive. You will need to negotiate a fixed fare. Minimum will be P2500/P3000.

If you want to take a bus, you have to ride a taxi to Pasay and then take a bus to Batangas and this may take about 3 hours or more, depending on traffic.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 238
2. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

I would NOT suggest using bus. You are arriving in Manila when traffic is at it's peak. In all probability, you will be stuck in Manila itself in a bus till 8 pm!

As MH has rightly suggested, take a taxi directly from manila airport. There is a prepaid taxi stall, with fixed fares (posted at the stall itself - just outside the airport building), but they tend to have a waiting line.

Better take a taxi - 2500 to 3000 pesos sounds right.

You can ask for this directly at the Hertz / taxi / rent a car stall INSIDE the airport. The staff there will come out and help you get a good taxi. Remind them that your ferry is at 9 pm.

Manila
reviews: 5
3. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

Another option is through contacting a private driver, which may be cheaper than hailing a cab from the airport. This way you are assured that you won't lose any precious minutes looking for a cab or booking a cab.

If your plane is arriving at 5PM, you would probably be able to leave the airport by around 530 to 5:45 PM (assuming moderate immigration ques).

Travel time from Manila to Batangas Port is 2.5 - 3 hours.

pasay
reviews: 14
4. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

You can take cab to Buendia (near LRT Station) taxi rate should not be higher than 300PHP, bus choices are DLTB, JAM, CERES. I always prefer Ceres Bus it has wifi on board so you'll never get bored. Take bus with sign board Batangas Pier (Port).

clare,ireland
5. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

i would suggest having back up plan -if there is any delay in airport then you might not arrive in batangas in time,if boat is leaving 9pm -then presume there would be certain time you have to board by?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 267
6. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

Actually to travel to Batangas in 4 hours is pretty tight.

As mentioned you still have to clear customs and immigration.

Furthermore, it is peak hour and with all the traffic jams, it will be a challenge to reach Batangas in 3 hr by bus.

Do note that just like taking a flight, I think you need to be at the pier 1 hour before the boat leave.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
7. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

@ Bjou....

Here is the travel time from Kamuning bus station to Batangas pier when I used it to go to Puerto gallera....

Got into bus at Kamuning (I think it was DLTB) - 7:45 am

Left Kamuning : 8 am

Reached Batangas pier - 9:30 am

The terminus staff reminded me that had I left 30 minutes later, I would have reached Batangas an hour later. You see - I travelled when traffic along EDSA was low. At the time you are reaching, it will take you 30 minutes just to go from the airport to Edsa... (Edsa is a long road that runs along Manila, and despite having about 10 lanes, ALWAYS has TERRIBLE traffic jams at peak hours (which is when you are arriving)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
8. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

Pardon me but I have to disagree about the bus suggestions below. Batangas is in the south of the airport so why go north to Buendia or Kamuning just to take a bus? If you have to take a bus then go to Alabang which has a bigger bus terminal than Buendia and Kamuning but I am 90% certain that you will not reach Batangas port by 9pm so taking a taxi is your best bet.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
9. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

Hi Kegler,

I went to Kamuning because I had come from the North. Yes - the poster woudl ave to take his bus from Pasay to the South.

I guess we agree on the advice - avoid bus, use taxi.

alkhobar
reviews: 8
10. Re: Getting from Ninoy Airport to Batangas port

4 hrs including airport clearing, traffic, allowance for check-in and a newcomer? you will not make it. travel is at least 3 hrs.