We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Web Check-in: Cebu Pacific vs PAL

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 184
Web Check-in: Cebu Pacific vs PAL

Although Cebu Pacific beat all other domestic airlines in offering online check-in I would say that it is useless because you can't even choose a window or aisle seat, their system is always allocating you a middle seat which nobody prefers. If you are a group of 3 you will be offered a middle seat, aisle seat then another aisle seat. During the first few months Cebu Pacific offered web check-in you can still choose your seat for free, now if you prefer a particular seat then you have to pay extra.

Philippine Airlines is only offering the web check-in service to its domestic flights as of the moment but it is good only for its domestic flights and you can choose your seat for free for those who prefer a window or aisle seat.

…philippineairlines.com/about-pal/…

www.cebupacificair.com/Pages/WebCheck-in.aspx

Puerto Princesa...
reviews: 85
1. Re: Web Check-in: Cebu Pacific vs PAL

I an very happy to pay just PHP100 to choose my seat on Cebu Pacific and recently have always been able to reserve in Row 2.

Extremely convenient when boarding and disembarking*.

* "Disembarking" - a quaint old term that shows my age!

Oslo
reviews: 108
2. Re: Web Check-in: Cebu Pacific vs PAL

Vetus, yes I do the same. I think we paid P200 for the first row, but all is cool.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 625
3. Re: Web Check-in: Cebu Pacific vs PAL

I think its very cheap for a leg room seat which I always avail of being quite tall.

Tommo

alkhobar
reviews: 8
4. Re: Web Check-in: Cebu Pacific vs PAL

For flying one hour or so from Manila to any local destination, I don't mind where I sit. I always cancel the seat and fees during booking procedures, insurance charges, baggages allowance charges (except when mrs suggests) & donations.

philippines
reviews: 320
5. Re: Web Check-in: Cebu Pacific vs PAL

just did the web check in for my flight this friday. Compared to other airlines' web check in, PAL's is slower and more complicated process.

Oslo
reviews: 108
6. Re: Web Check-in: Cebu Pacific vs PAL

I agree Tommo, hubby is big, and those seats are with the short cash for them.

7. Re: Web Check-in: Cebu Pacific vs PAL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 21, 2013