We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Holiday

As a UK visitor, to Makati

which is the best way to access your travel money

clare,ireland
1. Re: Holiday

well if u dont want to carry a lot of money going there to exchange in money changer then use atm

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 95
2. Re: Holiday

Forget travelers cheques. Too much hassle to use. Cash is best or use ATM to access your money from UK but your UK bank will make good profit from you.

It is worth considering i-Remit who offer a number of solutions to give access to your money including an ATM card that will not cost P200 per transaction. http://www.myiremit.com/

Kingston-upon-Hull...
3. Re: Holiday

can a visa debit card be used in makati, thanks

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 184
4. Re: Holiday

All of the ATMs I've seen in Makati accepts debit cards and even credit cards for cash advances as long as your card has a logo of either Visa, Mastercard, Cirrus or Plus. Call your bank and tell them that you will be using your debit card abroad.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
5. Re: Holiday

thank you

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 627
6. Re: Holiday

You can also bring several thousand $ cash in your currency and convert to Php when you need it. This is what I do.Make sure you have a safe in your hotel so this can be locked up.

Hotel payments I pay for on my credit card.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 240
7. Re: Holiday

Do note that there are cases of skimming reported in Angeles City recently.

So please careful when using any ATM. If you notice any unidentified object sticking out at the card insertion, do not use it.

When entering the pin, cover the keypad with the other hand.

boracay
reviews: 12
8. Re: Holiday

Few people use travelers cheques any more. ATMs are readily available.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
9. Re: Holiday

Great help, everyone , thanks

10. Re: Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 16, 2013