We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 72
Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

Hi. My husband and I are thinking about visiting Philpines in November for two weeks. It sounds so beautiful. We would come in via HKG or BKK and like to stay a night in Manila to experience this city as well as visit a couple of beach resorts, one to explore, one to relax. Questions, what will the weather be like in Nov & are there any particular islands / places / itinery you would recommend please?

If the weather is bad in November we are happy to postpone our trip to Jan / Feb next year. We do like our destinations to be hot and sunny.

Any advice would be most welcome. Thank you.

alkhobar
reviews: 8
1. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

its not a bad idea to postpone till Feb next year

London, United...
2. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

Thank you. Will take your advice. When's the best time to go?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,388
3. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

Mid to late December to the end of May is the best time.

If you visit then, on balance you are quite likely to encounter wonderful balmy days around the 28 degree mark (perhaps hotter in Visayas and Mindanao) with minimal rain.

While I am not a meteorologist, Manila seems to have less humidity during this time.

Visit the Visayas (central islands group) and/ or the many safe parts of Mindanao (the southernmost group).

This is the non typhoon season, so consider takling a 2go ferry from Manila overnight (some trips are two nights) in a reasonably priced suite for two persons.

Use the airlines in the other direction. You have a choice of Airphils Express/ Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, SE Asian Airways (affiliated and bookable through Tiger Airways), Zest Airways or the very small at this stage AirAsia Philippines. Book online with the domestic carrier concerned. You can even use airlines such as Cebu Pacific or some of the others to connect from say Singapore or Hong Kong.

Read up on the 'Top Questkions.' There are many beautiful white sand islands - not just Boracay, Visayas. Consider Siquijor, Malapascua, Bantayan, Moalboal (White Beach), Panglao Island )next to Bohol island) or a few others. If you need advice on how to reach these after reading the TA Top Questions about Philippines, then ask us.

It's a great value destination: some suggest the beaches are better than Thailand's. Philippines has arguably the friendliest people in the world.

Edited: 7:32 pm, July 17, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,388
4. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

I also recommend www.asiatravel.com for the best value hotels.

Have a night in Manila upon arrival after your long flight. Have two nights there on your way home for shopping and a wonderful hotel or other evening buffet: there are many choices for the latter that have been discussed on TA, as it is another 'Top Question' that TA member tommomelbourne has kindly placed in that section for all of us to repeatedly refer to.

Manila
reviews: 48
5. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

Late December is best for city and beaches for the weather and atmosphere is much nicer... IMHO.

London, United...
6. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

Thank you all. You have given me great sufficient information to consider. If we cannot postpone our holiday until December, we will certainly keep it at the top of our list next year.

7. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

Try to visit Coron, Palawan. This is laidback type of place and i love the beaches and food there. From Manila, book a flight to Busuanga. Then you can just take a taxi to the town proper, about an hour away.

boracay
reviews: 12
8. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

Boracay is a good all-round destination with something for everyone. It has lovely beaches, good dining options, friendly nightlife scene and plenty of activities and watersports.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 62
9. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

I personally like November travel because it is at the tail-end of the Monsoon season (thus lean season rates). December is usually the start of peak season rates. Dec to Feb is also one of the best months to hit the beach due to a balance of calm waters and sufficient sun (temperate climate).

For the destination, there are 7,107 islands to choose from... so that's a separate and long discussion altogether. :)

For your short stay in Manila you can choose between City of Manila (old downtown area) or Makati City (the business district). Travel time & distance to the airport is almost the same.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 19
10. Re: Planning a trip to the Philipjnes in November

November is fine. February is better. April - May months are scorching hot, not sure if you'd want that.

You can also go to Bantayan Island in Cebu. It's about 5-6 hours from Cebu City, but it's definitely worth the trip. You'll practically have the island to yourselves. I went there with friends October of last year, and there were very few tourists around. I've heard rave reviews on Calaguas and Caramoan Islands in Bicol too.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!