We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hair salons in manila

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
hair salons in manila

im travelling to manila soon and i was wondering if anyone knows whats the best hairdresser in manila? i've heard that univers phyto salon in makati is really good

canberra
reviews: 9
21. Re: hair salons in manila

For the blokes. I have only ever had one decent haircut in the Philippines. In olongapo when the US navy was there. I don't attend high style hairdressers though. Never even been to the same barber twice. Haircuts are very, very cheap and mostly it's done by anyone game enough to use a pair of scissors. Anyway after one week what does it matter.

reviews: 7
22. Re: hair salons in manila

I have to recommend Franck Provost (Fort Bonifacio). I moved from the UK to live in Manila 12 months ago and finding a hairdresser was a major concern. I have blonde highlighted hair and there isn't many salons I would trust to colour my hair...I had one major disastrous experience but I will not mention the salon.

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 2
23. Re: hair salons in manila

Hi, Whenever I am in Manila I also go to Davids salon in the Mega mall. It was recommended to me by my colleagues there and I have always been very pleased.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
reviews: 83
24. Re: hair salons in manila

For the girls:

Just a note, if you have long hair or med length hair and just want layering and so on, most salons will be okay. But for short hair cuts, pixie cuts and so on, then that is a different matter.

Most Filipinas have long hair and are not very adventurous with their hairstyle. So most of the hairstylists here are used to handling the usual styles but not really precision cuts. If you just want an ordinary haircut, it is not a problem. David's, Toni & Guy, Bench etc can do the job well.

When I had my first pixie hair cut, I had it done in Malaysia where more women I find, have great geometric hairstyles. And I had the best haircut in my life. But going to Malaysia every month or 2 is draining me to death so I decided to grow my hair long cause I couldn't find a stylist that I like for that style. So it depends what you like.

Haven't tried him but apparently for short hair, Henry Calayag is the man.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 14
25. Re: hair salons in manila

DON'T go to SALON DE ORIENT Makati (Arnaiz Ave and Evangelista St). I went there because of a promo voucher that I bought in MetroDeal. This Salon is one of the worst ever. Service is not good. Not even sure if it's a real SALON DE ORIENT branch. Total rip off!

Beware! metrodeal.com/deals/…253317093

83% Off: Softwave Curls, Permanent Blow Dry or Hair Rebonding Treatment at Salon de Orient for P999 instead of P6000

26. Re: hair salons in manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, August 19, 2013