We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 21
Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

Need some help please from someone resident in Manila.

The sailing from Manila to Butuan have been every Monday and Friday for some years now.

We intend to take the sailing on Monday 19th March. It is impossible to book as reservations have not been released for March yet. I check every now and again to see if they are released.

To my shock horror I have discovered that for the month of February the sailings are only on Fridays. It is vital that I find out if that is just a one off for February or will be continued for March.

Please dont tell me it is cheaper to fly etc etc as I know that already. We want to go by sea for various reasons.

If someone could be kind enough to make an enquiry on my behalf I would very much appreciate it.

I ahve emailed them but get no real answers from them.

thanks a lot,

Pete

clare,ireland
1. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

www.facebook.com/SuperFerry.Philippines -try posting there on their website for february shows trips on thursdays and fridays -if no sailings on mondays in march then try cebuferries or supercat

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,296
2. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

SuperFerry only ever allows bookings about five weeks before departure.\

Frustrating, but once you are on board you'll forget this. Let's hope it runs when you want.

3. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

It's not the 5 week rule that annoys me. Please re read what i wrote. They have changed the schedule in february and i have to assume it will be the same for March.

Cebu ferries and seacats do not operate from Manila to Butuan

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 184
4. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

I think only Superferry employees could answer you accurately. Clareirishman's suggestion is good. For your peace of mind you may also try to call Superferry at their Manila office.

5. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

That's why I was hoping that someone resident in Manila could help as I originally asked.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
6. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

By the way, who said that the Manila-Nasipit sailings of Superferry is only on Fridays for next month? Here's the schedule every MONDAY and FRIDAY

Superferry 20 FEB 03, 2012 11:59AM FRI PIER 15

St Joseph FEB 06, 2012 07:15PM MON PIER 2

Superferry 21 FEB 10, 2012 11:59AM FRI PIER 15

St Joseph FEB 13, 2012 07:15PM MON PIER 2

Superferry 20 FEB 17, 2012 11:59AM FRI PIER 15

St Joseph FEB 20, 2012 07:15PM MON PIER 2

Superferry 21 FEB 24, 2012 11:59AM FRI PIER 15

St Joseph FEB 27, 2012 07:15PM MON PIER 2

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
7. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

I called Superferry and they said that the St. Joseph ship is owned and being maintained by Superferry although it is previously owned by Negros Navigation.

Edited: 9:29 am, January 10, 2012
8. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

It was me that said it!

If you go on their website and try to book one way from Manila to Nasipit then the dates come up. You will then see that they are Friday ONLY.

What link dd you get your info from please.

This is what I saw

https:/…search.asp

9. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

Kegler,

Thanks for that. It is all rather confusing. If you try and use their site to make a (fake) booking for February- you are NOT given a Monday sailing date with St Joseph the Worker.

Even in their section about ships in their Fleet- no mention is made of it.

To be honest this does not surprise me though- generally customer service is appalling with them.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
10. Re: Superferry to Butuan(Nasipit)

You're welcome. If you have Skype or any other Internet calling service you can call them for just a few cents to confirm the schedule or to book over the phone. I am not in Manila and it only costs about $0.10 to call a landline.