We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,394
Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

Hello to my colleagues on the Manila forum.

I'm looking for some nice restaurants near Intramuros. We used to live in Malate and are quite familiar with the area but its been 6 years since we've been in Manila on a regular basis so I'm sure the restaurant scene may have changed.

I thought I'd ask the local experts and regular Manila forum posters if you have any restaurant recommendations near/in the Intramuros area, we are planning on spending a bit of time here?

Not interested in anything fancy just good food. Any recommendations and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

London, United...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

Harbour View restaurant, especially if it's not raining and you can sit on top deck.

Next to Luneta grandstand.

clare,ireland
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

hi ,not sure what you consider nice but u could check out this one http://www.aristocrat.com.ph/?page_id=39 tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g298573-d11… also can check out robinsons mall -maybe fridays or all u can eat place -cant remember name -cabaleo? or www.maxschicken.com/index.php…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,388
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

While I recommend and enjoyed Harbour View restaurant, its food was not the greatest I've had in Manila: that honour must go to Cafe Ysabel which takes a long time to get to from Intramuros. the shame is it's less tha 10 kilometres away, but traffic in Manila is murderous at times and the LRT/ MRT overhead metro-style trains do not operate everywhere (although fairly close to Cafe Ysabel).

clare,ireland
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

oh i forgot jolibee -sent pm also

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 16
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

Hi BradJill.

My favorites in Malate:

munchpunch.com/4316/bistro-remedios-adriatico

www.munchpunch.com/5211/cosa-nostra-malate

Gyumon Yakiniku Restaurant: Ground floor and 5th floor, Pan Pacific Manila, M. Adriatico corner Gen. Malvar Streets, Malate , Manila, Philippines

There are a lot more good choices in Makati though. Not a fan of restaurants in Intramuros.

Edited: 7:05 am, October 24, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 16
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

And of course, Aristocrat. Probably the only Filipino restaurant I would actually miss if I immigrate to another country.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 201
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

I highly recommend Ristorante delle Mitre fronting San Agustin Church. Their chicken adobo is the best I've tasted so far. You may read its reviews (one written by yours truly) here in TA --> tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g298573-d2…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

Does anyone know if Juri's (1320-A m.h. del Pilar st. Ermita, Manila) is still open. We used to dine at this western (Dutch/Belgium) restaurant quite often but their website is down so I fear they are now closed. Anyone familiar with this restaurant and if remains open?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
9. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

Victorianlad

Go to hear from you, its been a while. Will try to send you a p.m. sometime soon for a catch up. Are you back in the Phils or in Melbourne? Anyway, thans for the Cafe Ysabel reminder. Will definitely have this one on the list for the coming trip. Thx again.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
10. Re: Restaurant recommendations near Intramuros or Malate area

Justin L

Glad to hear Cosa Nostra is still around. Really like that tiny little restaurant and one I wouldn't mind eating at again.

Also good to see you are as helpful on this forum as you are on our local HK forum.

Kegler,

Thanks for the Ristorante delle Mitre, suggestion. Will do some research and consider it for an evening out. I do love chicken adobo, one of my favorite dishes.

deeen

Thanks for the Harbour View restaurant suggestion. Will look into this option as well.

Rest,

Thanks for the reminder of Aristocrat, think we'll pass on jolibee though! LOL.. Do like their fried chicken though!