We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Valencia, CA
Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

I will be in Manila this month (12/17 to 12/31) and need a condotel/apartel lodging for 14 days. I'm coming home to take care of my father who'll be having surgery.

I need a 1 or 2 bedroom place with a full kitchen so I can have my father with me while recovering. The kitchen is a must so I can cook and be able to feed him 5-6 times a day. There will be 3 of us and might have an occassional stay-over guest every now and then, so I can't be in a place where they monitor the rooms. Since I'll be there during Christmas, I also would like to have a small family gathering in the room - nothing formal, just the usual Filipino relatives who'll show up for presents.

I'm not much into shopping but it would be nice to be able to get out of the place once in a while. Maybe catch a movie or eat out, just to get a change of scenery. I don't mind walking either so a safe place would be a must.

My budget is about US$1,500 to 2,000 for 14 days.

1. Re: Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:27 am, July 09, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
reviews: 60
2. Re: Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

Discover Suites.

Saipan, Mariana...
reviews: 67
3. Re: Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

Linden is also an excellent facility down the street from Malayan and Discovery. It may push the limits of your budget for two rooms. I advise you contact them directly to get the best price for such a long stay.

I do know the Linden has excellent buffet breakfasts that may be included in your costs.

The Linden does have rooms with small dining rooms, but it would be hard to entertain more than six people at a time.

Philippines
reviews: 6
4. Re: Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

Hi. I hope it's not yet late for your booking a hotel room, as December is peak season for hotels here. But, if it's still possible, I do recommend Astoria Plaza Hotel also in Ortigas area. Their rooms are big. They have 1 and 2-bedroom suites, with kitchen. They have big rooms. Their rate includes buffet breakfast ; 2 for 1-bedroom suite and 4 for 2-bedroom suite. I have often booked here for me and guests, and they do like the hospitality, cleanliness and great attention to details of the staff. Oh yes, relatives can come visit, bring food and stay for a while. They have shuttle service to Podium and Mega Mall, too. Your budget will just be sufficient.

I pray for the early recovery of your father.

Thanks,

Beth

Valencia, CA
5. Re: Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

Thank you all for your responses.

I actually won an essay contest. The prize is airfare plus accommodations. I found out the other day that the company will do all the reservations. I requested Malayan Plaza because the package is for a 1 bedroom. I can upgrade to a 2 bedroom and pay for the difference myself which is more cost effective for me.

Discovery is only for a junior suite and all their 2 bedrooms are sold out. Astoria and Linden were not on the list.

Now the trick is getting from the airport to Malayan.

Does anyone know what it would cost for a whole day car rental? I might have to go to Pangasinan to take care of some business and I remember it took almost 4 hours one way to get there.

Valencia, CA
6. Re: Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

Goodnews98, thank you for your kind words and prayers.

7. Re: Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, November 05, 2010
8. Re: Discovery, Malayan, Linden, Somerset - HELP!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 14, 2009