We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on guest house islands

Which Male hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pune, India
Feedback on guest house islands

Hi All,

I have heared about guest house islands in Maldives. They are advertising them as economical options for accomodations and more adventures than resort islands.

guesthouses-in-maldives.com/accommodation-in…

Please share your comments on this topic.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
reviews: 85
1. Re: Feedback on guest house islands

Mayank, it is an interesting alternative but depends what you want from your holiday. For me alchohol is not a necessity I go for the reefs and fish. It would be interesting to know what each local island offers in the way of a good reef and whether men & women must swim seperately. Also what women are required to wear in the water.

I understand that women must be well covered when walking around. This could be a problem for someone like me from a cold country where it would be just too hot to be covered up all day & cause heat rash, heat stroke and swelling of joints.

I would like to see more clarity in the promotion of what is expected of visitors.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 5
2. Re: Feedback on guest house islands

I stayed at Summer Villa on Maafushi in November, I'll come back and write a proper reply later.

In summary though,

It was fantastic, but depends what you want from your holiday!

3. Re: Feedback on guest house islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, January 05, 2013