We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuching, Malaysia
This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation

I just booked an airasia ticket, having a 4 days 3 nights stay @ KL. I plan to stay @ Grid 9 Hotel which is situated at Maharajalela (have seen review that it is close to the monorail station and 10mins walk to Chinatown)

So what troubled me now is how to get to hotel and how do i go shopping @ Bukit Bintang. In addition, i would like to listen to ur suggestion on which place to visit as well. Your help is greatly appreciated =)

Question 1:

It is said that if u're using airasia, the terminal that you will arrive in KUL would be LCCT. So i assume i would arrive at LCCT Terminal. After arriving, i have to take the skybus to KL Sentral right? I heard that maharajalela is just 2 stations away from KL Sentral...so how am i suppose to go to Grid 9 Hotel? By Taxi, Bus or Monorail? Which one is the most budget one and also the duration ><

Question 2:

Is it possible just to go to grid 9 hotel (maharajalela) from the KL Airport directly (without going KL Sentral)?

Question 3:

How to go to Bukit Bintang using Maharajalela Monorail? How do i get back to my hotel from Bukit Bintang?

Sorry, im new to travelling. This is really my 1st planned trip..i hope that i wont consume much time on searching the place, this is why i seek advise from everyone. I hope i get to hear some opinion here, thanks in advance =)

7 replies to this topic
Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 157
1. Re: This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation

Question 1: It is said that if u're using airasia, the terminal that you will arrive in KUL would be LCCT. So i assume i would arrive at LCCT Terminal. After arriving, i have to take the skybus to KL Sentral right? I heard that maharajalela is just 2 stations away from KL Sentral...so how am i suppose to go to Grid 9 Hotel? By Taxi, Bus or Monorail? Which one is the most budget one and also the duration ><

A] The cheapest is Skybus to KL Sentral then monorail and walking. Taxi is easier.

Question 2: Is it possible just to go to grid 9 hotel (maharajalela) from the KL Airport directly (without going KL Sentral)?

A] yes by taxi.

Question 3: How to go to Bukit Bintang using Maharajalela Monorail? How do i get back to my hotel from Bukit Bintang?

A] Walk to the station buy your ticket, head to the platform, get on the next monorail heading towards Bukit Bintang and get off at Bukit Bintang. Then do this on the reverse from Bukit Bintang. Pretty simple really.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 28
2. Re: This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation

Q: I heard that maharajalela is just 2 stations away from KL Sentral...so how am i suppose to go to Grid 9 Hotel?

A: You would need to walk from the bus station to the KL Sentral Monorail station, buy ticket and get off at Maharajalela. Otherwise, it might be easier (depending whether you have luggage or backpack) to just get a taxi from KL Sentral.

By far the easiest transport from KLCC to your hotel would be taxi, but of course this is also the most expensive.

Don't forget to check out the FAQs over on the right, where many of these questions are already answered for you.

Malaysia
reviews: 13
3. Re: This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation

This is about the most convenience and budget.

a)LCCT terminal then skybus to KL sentral

b)At kl sentral buy a voucher from the taxi counter to your hotel directly.

c)At Mahalela monorail to Bukit Bintang by monorail.

Kuching, Malaysia
4. Re: This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation

Thanks for the feedback ^_^

Doha, Qatar
reviews: 2
5. Re: This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation

This was indeed a great information for first time visitor to Malaysia like me.

Even am planning for a short trip to Kuala Lumpur during mid of Oct for 3 nights & 4 days.

Could You Suggest the best locations to visit within this short time

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 19
6. Re: This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation

I think u would find it helpful to read thru some of the FAQ, look at Google Maps and also the KL Rapid web site. Between the 3, you can find most info.

Maharajalela is slightly out of the way. Also pls note that the monorail station at KL Sentral is not within the KL Sentral building. So u would have to drag luggage after leaving bus/train before getting monorail.

Taxi is easier. Direct all the way.

7. Re: This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, September 26, 2013

Reply to: This is my 1st time to go KL, need advice on transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted