We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic ideas in KL!

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sofia, Bulgaria
romantic ideas in KL!

hi all

i'm staying in KL 5 days as part of my honeymoon ;) . I already arranged with a local travel company to make us a schedule to see the major attractions like batu caves , genting highlands , tower ....ect

but in the first 2 days i will be without the tour company as i thought i need a rest after long journey.

could anybody help me if he have an romantic ideas me and my wife could do on our own , money is not an issue atleast in those first 2 days ;D

any romantic restaurant with a nice view ?

a fancy place to dance in ?

any day activities that are romantic in KL?

thanks all in advance

1. Re: romantic ideas in KL!

For romantic dinner at Kl Tower and kl city view

www.atmosphere360.com.my/fnb_dinner.php

Lunch on cruise at Putrajaya Lake (get there by taxi)

Nightlife : changkat Buikt Bintang; Jazz at No Black Tie http://noblacktie.com.my/ or there many other nice pub nearby

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 43
2. Re: romantic ideas in KL!

Why not book a driver and go see the fireflies.

Pickup in the afternoon.

Drive to the coastal town of Kuala Selangor, visit the lighthouse, see the monkeys.

Near sunset, head to the seafood restaurants by the river mouth, sit by the river and have rustic seafood dinner watching the sunset.

When its dark, head out to see the fireflies along the banks of the river.

If the row boat pier is open, then you can board a rowboat, and a boatman will row you out to the opposite bank, under the night sky, to view the fireflies. If the row boats are not operating, this will be done via electric boats.

The firefly population has dwindled somewhat compared to their heydays, but you have not been here before, so you cant compare so will have a good time nonetheless.

Sofia, Bulgaria
3. Re: romantic ideas in KL!

dear maic and sadin

thanks alot for your help

regarding the fireflies i'm not too keen for it as i would be 10 days in koh samui nature so i 'd rather chelax and enjoy the cosmopolitan life of KL

360 restaurant sounds great ,its only negative is they serve dinner from 9-11! no late dinners

if there is any other recommendations for romantic places INSIDE KL and places to listen to music and have a drink , i would be really grateful

thanks

i

4. Re: romantic ideas in KL!

Actually the dinner start as early as 6.30 for session 1 and 9.00pm for session 2. However you have to make prior booking.

Another option is Marini's on 57, Petronas Tower 3. As it name imply the restaurant is a roof top located on 57th Floor of Petronas Tower 3.

tripadvisor.com.my/Attraction_Review-g298570…

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 43
5. Re: romantic ideas in KL!

try this

http://www.marinis57.com/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 34
6. Re: romantic ideas in KL!

Take a Segway tour through the Lake Gardens. Just let her go shopping, my wife thinks shopping is romantic. Then buy her a gelati afterwards. Have fun.

Sean

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
7. Re: romantic ideas in KL!

LOL, gelati is known as ice cream!

Personally I would not have used a tour to see the sights, but hey! I prefer using public transport so we can experience the city.

You can get Gucci restaurants everywhere, you won't find the fancy places to dance in, so why not enjoy the romance of the city! Wander about, see the sights, smell the smells and experience Kuala Lumpur as Kuala Lumpur and not as a romantic capital (which it sadly is not)

There are NO fireflies in Samui - the ones in Selangor are one of the few places in the world you can see them. Koh Samui is more about beaches and chillaxing rather than nature . . . .

If you want a late dinner [and 11pm is pretty late for a dinner] than you need to head to the street (which I find more romantic) and enjoy the buzz there.

I'm not a he, and being married a long time we are not big on romance in our house, and our idea of a romantic day would be shopping, doing some sights, have a bite to eat and just being together [not something we do a lot of with busy lives], but if you want INSIDE KL and places to listen to music and have a drink, then why not have a room with a view and opt for room service? Otherwise if you want to Gucci restaurant with a view I would opt for Marini's on 57.

You can't get all you want, so you have to compromise!

Edited: 2:33 am, August 15, 2013
Sofia, Bulgaria
8. Re: romantic ideas in KL!

thanks guys , marinis57 looks amazin i will do that for sureee , also the tour idea is magnificant i will do that also .

9. Re: romantic ideas in KL!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 17, 2014