We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hoorn...
Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

Hi everyone,

On Saturday 6 July i'll arrive in Kuala Lumpur to do a three week holiday threw Malaysia. I'll start from KUL 5 days and after that i'll go to Cameron Highlands, Ipoh, Georgetown, Langkawi and in the end i'll return to KUL.

Now i'm really worried about the haze condition of Malaysia, caused by Indonesia. What should i do? I can still cancell all hotels/resorts except for Langkawi.

Bowral, Australia
reviews: 85
1. Re: Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

From a quick google of news, it appears the haze has lessened in kl and is back to moderate range rather than unhealthy. We will be there in 2 weeks and are still going ahead as planned as it can change from day to day from what I have read. I'm sure u will enjoy your holiday anyway!

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 185
2. Re: Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

Today the haze has cleared to a large extent in the KL area. But we cannot predict tomorrows.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 43
3. Re: Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

Yes. today is nice. No masks necessary. Partly due to cloud seeding activities to cause rain over sumatra and our areas. Cant say what happens once the cloud seeding is over.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

Today is 24th of July and the haze is back for 3 days now, but if you look at he official measurement of pollution, it is mention that it is safe to go out. Of course, it is a big loss of money if the haze is here because tourists avoid Malaysia.

I keep my kids inside and try not to go out myself.

It's amazing to see how the sky is blurred with the smoke and how the official indices of pollution don't show any warning.

So officially, KL is safe, but if I was you, and especially if you have children, I would avoid the area at the moment.

Edited: 9:03 pm, July 23, 2013
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
5. Re: Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

Its not so bad today (24/7) actually. I can see quite some distance and I do not smell the haze in the air.

Milan, Italy
reviews: 1
6. Re: Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

I am worried too now....coming to Malaysia with my children travelling to Malacca, Taman Negara and Tioman. Which of the three destination is less likely to be affected?

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
7. Re: Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

Depends on the wind. Hard to say.

8. Re: Current status Haze Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, July 26, 2014