We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in Bukit Bintang.

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, western...
reviews: 8
Eating in Bukit Bintang.

I was lucky enough to spend a few days in KL in January & now I am even luckier to be going back for a week in April.

I love Malaysian food & would like to know of the best places for Malaysian curries & curry Laksas, Nasi Kandar, Rotai Canai, Martabak, Nasi Lemak, Char Koay Teoh & that most wonderful of desserts to finish off a meal, Iced Cendol.

We will be staying at The Parkroyal suites on Jalan Nagasari & don't mind whether it is food halls or restaurants, just as long as it is any variety of great Malaysian food.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 43
1. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

The best hawker food in the area of your hotel will be basement of Lot 10. That would be the Lot 10 Hutong.

The owner of the mall invited the famous hawkers in malaysia to setup a branch stall there.

I have ate there and the results are pretty decent. Of course it would not taste the same as the original stall, but its pretty close.

For example the char koay Teoh here is fried with duck eggs, whereas the average stall you find outside uses normal eggs.

Edited: 4:12 am, February 26, 2013
Perth, western...
2. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

Thank's for that, I never goy to Lot 10 in January.

Australia
reviews: 42
3. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

Did you get to Jalan Alor that is a long street full of traditional Malay etc food and opened till really late. If you like a beer too they serve it here.

it's behind KFC in bukit bitang

Perth, western...
4. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

Yes we did, so many restaurants that it was impossible to know what would be best, also tried fresh Durian there one day........an acquired taste!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 43
5. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

This is my favourite in alor

…wordpress.com/2011/…

Also who can resist frog porridge

jordantan.com/2012/…

Do note that the kung pao frog is very spicy. In the younger days we used to party till late at the clubs at Jalan P Ramlee, then go there to get rid of the alcohol. One serving of kung po frog legs served with porridge was all that was needed..how potent the brew..!!!

Australia
6. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

I do have a favourite place for roti canai but it isn't in bukit bitang - are you interested as its near the towers - we love it and the roti's are like $1myr. The staff are very sullen but they are efficient and the food is awesome And cheap :D

Maic I reckon my husband will try that one next time - he ate chicken feet last time so will be game to try frog porridge ;)

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 66
7. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

Hello Jacks, may I know the name of the place near (presumably) Petronas for the roti canai? Thanks!

Australia
8. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

It's called NZ - if you were to head from the petronas towers towards bukit nanas it's on the first corner on the right. Visa versa from bukit nanas you walk past the renaissance on the left towards the towers.

It's the best! It is halal though so no alcohol :)

London, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

Not sure if it's the same as what jacks24 is suggesting, out of Surya KLCC at the bottom of the towers and head right passing the new site for four seasons which is opposite AvenueK. about 200 meters from there is a local food court, think it's actually called Nazi Kandar. Excellent biriyani's and local delights. A must try if you want authentic Malay food.

Perth, western...
10. Re: Eating in Bukit Bintang.

Wish I knew all this first time around, I am getting so excited!

We will have time to try all the restaurants mentioned.

I have been to Surya KLCC so will have no trouble finding NZ & Nasi Kandar.

I love Chicken feet & know how spicy Kung Pao chicken is so frog will be a new adventure.

Thank you everyone.