We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL to Penang by Road / Rail / Air

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 10
KL to Penang by Road / Rail / Air

Hi everyone,

I am sure all of you are enjoying your time so me !

I have booked flights for KL for four of us (both parents are in 70s) with expected arrival on 8th May 2013. We would be put up near KL Sentral.

We would like to travel to Penang on 11th May 2013 to meet some of our relatives whom we never met for 30yrs.

Can anyone of you be kind enough to advise the easy mode of transportation to Penang ? I checked the Air Asia, its pretty cheaper but whether Penang has airport in the center of the town ?

Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated.

Shankar

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 625
1. Re: KL to Penang by Road / Rail / Air

Go by air and the airport is modern and only about 30mins from Georgetown.

Tommo

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
reviews: 68
2. Re: KL to Penang by Road / Rail / Air

By airasia.com.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
3. Re: KL to Penang by Road / Rail / Air

Hi

Welcome ot the Kuala Lumpur forum.

I would not look to get a hotel at KL Sentral, unlike its name it is central. Look for something around Bukit Bintang, more to see and do with minimal walking!!

Agree with the others on 'best' way of getting to Penang. Fly with Air Asia from LCCT at KUL Airport - cheap and easy. The flight is 30-40mins, 1 hour to the airport, 1 hour check in.

Like most places you don't find airports in the centre of town . . . to much noise etc. Penang airport is on the south of the island, and less than 30mins drive as Tommo says!

The train is around 6 hours (to Butterworth) and the coach similar time!!

4. Re: KL to Penang by Road / Rail / Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 11, 2014