We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bukit jalil stadium

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
bukit jalil stadium

Hi Experts,

This is my first trip to KL :)

May i know which hotel is nearest to Bukit Jalil Stadium?

If there is no hotel nearby, may i know how do i get to Bukit Jalil Stadium from city centre?

i am considering Traders Hotel or Hilton Hotel. May I know which is more accessible to Bukit Jalil Stadium, as well as shopping and recreation.

I am going Bukit Jalil Stadium for a soccer match. Will it be difficult to walk to the nearest metro after the match if I do not stay within walking distance to the stadium?

Thank you :)

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
1. Re: bukit jalil stadium

Hi

Not many hotels around Bukit Jalil. There is a train station at the stadium, so the rest of Kuala Lumpur is open to you.

Hilton is perhaps the most accessible as its above the KL Sentral station, but not a great choice of shopping, and it depends on what sort of recreation you are after.

Traders is more central within the city than the Hilton, but is 5mins walk from the nearest train station, so not as easy to get to or from the statdium. It is opposite the Petronas Towers and the Suria KLCC mall, and 15mins walk to Bukit Bintang!

How difficult it will be to walk to the Bukit Jalil train station will of course depend on how many other people are at the football match. If it is someone like Man U, then it will be busy . . .

Enjoy

singapore
2. Re: bukit jalil stadium

Thank you for the reply :)

When you mention train station, are you referring to regional train or mtr?

Is the train near Traders Hotel the same type as the one near the stadium? Is the distance by train far?

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
3. Re: bukit jalil stadium

Hi blurgirl,

1. From Traders Hotel, you can take the Kelana Jaya Line LRT from KLCC Station. Take the train towards Kelana Jaya Station and get off at Masjid Jamek Station (3 stops from KLCC).

2. Change to Sri Petaling Line LRT and take the train towards Sri Petaling and get off at Bukit Jalil Station (10 stops from Masjid Jamek Station). Bukit Jalil Station serves the Bukit Jalil Sports Complex which includes the football stadium. It's just a short walk from the station.

Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 3
4. Re: bukit jalil stadium

hi Blurgirl

Mandarin Oriental is just next to Petronas Twin Tower! Traders Hotel is 5-10 minutes walking distance to the same location.

you'll pay MYR3.50 from KLCC rapidkl station to Bukit Jalil for a one way trip in less than 40 minutes..(off peak hours)

myrapid.com.my/journeyplanner/search/result

have a save journey and enjoy the match! :)

5. Re: bukit jalil stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, June 20, 2011
Edited: 5:35 am, June 20, 2011
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
reviews: 66
6. Re: bukit jalil stadium

Yes, but without a car and relying on public transportation, the OP will find it difficult to get to Palace of the Golden Horses. And the distance of the Palace from the stadium is more like 4km not 1.3km.

To the OP, bear in mind that the match will likely finish at 10:30pm or so, and that the LRT lines will shut down before midnight, so it would be advisable to avoid over complicated transfers from one station to another as Malaysia stations do not have good connectivity unlike Singapore's MRT.

It may be a bit far, but the Legend Hotel is on the same rail line as the one going to Bukit Jalil, so no messy transfers, and the PWTC LRT station is right next to the hotel. So I agree with VVoyageur that it is something to consider.

Alternativly if you need to be in the shopping district of Bukit Bintang, you could stay at somewhere like Berjaya Times Square Hotel. Get off at the Hang Tuah LRT station, transfer to the monorail station and take the monorail one stop to Imbi station where the hotel is. Even if the monorail is closed, Hang Tuah station is still within striking distance albeit a long walk at night.

Edited: 5:33 am, June 20, 2011
7. Re: bukit jalil stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, October 03, 2012