We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone done a day tour with Anuar lately?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Qld Australia
reviews: 3
Anyone done a day tour with Anuar lately?

Planning 3rd trip to KL. Want to do a tour that we can control somewhat, to Malacca. Have sent email to Anuar and got reply almost straight away, price for 2 people in Proton - RM$510. for whole day, pick up/drop off at hotel, entrance fees, lunch, river cruise etc . Sounds ok to me. Would like a bit of info/commentary from guide/driver on the way, pointing out things of interest etc. Last visit to KL did fireflies and used another driver recommended here on TA, bit disappointed - he did not talk to us much - we had to keep asking, what is that, what is this for etc etc??? How have other TA's found Anuar in this respect?? Many thanks as always.

Swansea County...
reviews: 127
41. Re: Anyone done a day tour with Anuar lately?

Enjoyed a day-trip in and around KL yesterday with Anuar. He gave us a suggested itineary on our first emailed contact which we amended to suit us. For instance, we wanted to visit the Cheras Road Commonwealth War Grave Cemetary which we found he hadnt heard of before - he subsequently Googled and Goggle Earthed the location and found a quicker way there (also suggested we visited first thing to escape the searing KL mid-day heat).

Great value day out, friendly and informative with a tasty Malaysian lunch thrown in.

Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a professional, reliable and knowledgable tour guide

OZ
reviews: 59
42. Re: Anyone done a day tour with Anuar lately?

We had a great day with Anuar just recently he was very friendly and a good safe driver and had a spotless car. We did a day trip to Malacca and had a great time. He also took us on the fireflies trip.

He responds to emails very promptly and arrived on time.

He has a website www.kualalumpurtravel.net or you can get him direct at anrsml@kualalumpurtravel.net

Give him a go you wont be dissapointed

Regina, Canada
reviews: 40
43. Re: Anyone done a day tour with Anuar lately?

We copntacted Anuar last week at very short notice, requesting a full day trip to the Batu Caves, elephant sanctuary and the fireflies. He responded to emails extremely promptly and indicated that with only 1-2 days notice he was not available.However, he arranged the same tour at the same price with a colleague, Zack.. Zack was very professional and introduced us to Anuar when our paths crossedmid tour. We would definitely recommend both Anuar and Zack.

Quezon City...
44. Re: Anyone done a day tour with Anuar lately?

Hi Malaysian TA advisers,

Recently secured a van for rent (8 adults + 2 kids) with the ff. rates:

KL LCCT - KL Hotel = RM180.00

Bukit Bintang Hotel - Genting Highlands - Hotel - Airport = RM600.00

Is it a fair price?

All pumped up for the Malaysian trip, my 1st time.

TIA

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 43
45. Re: Anyone done a day tour with Anuar lately?

Alain, Skyvan quoted us RM155 from LCCT to Bukit Bintang (8 or 10 seater). From what I've seen in the drivers thread(see #83-84 tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k471… ) RM600 is about the going rate for a full day trip in a van - hope that helps!

Edited: 12:52 am, February 26, 2013
LEEDS, WEST...
reviews: 18
46. Re: Anyone done a day tour with Anuar lately?

I have just enjoyed an excellent full day trip with Anuar, following recommendations from this site. As a single woman travelling alone, it was extremely important for me to book a reliable tour guide, and Anuar met all my expectations. It was a full day programme as I wanted to see the Batu Caves, Elephant Sanctuary, Silvertail monkeys and fireflies all in one day. Anuar's communication was good and he was extremely punctual. He made me feel very safe, and was extremely knowledgeable and chatty which put me at ease. It was an extremely warm day and he made sure I had plenty water during the day. The car was very clean and comfortable. He took lots of pictures for me throughout the day, and even did a detour to the Petronas Towers so I could get some pictures which was not part of the schedule. I felt extremely well looked after with Anuar and would have no doubt to recommend him to others. His prices were also competitive !

47. Re: Anyone done a day tour with Anuar lately?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 13, 2014