We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loved KL

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jervis Bay...
reviews: 98
Loved KL

We spent one night at the Impiana Hotel before heading to Phuket.

After Phuket we returned to the Impiana Hotel for another 4 nights.

Will do a review shortly, will happily stay there again.

Did a day trip to Melacca, will definately go back & spend more time there,so many interesting streets to walk down.

Did the hop on hop off bus ride which we thoroughly enjoyed. Definately a lot to see & do in KL , next time we will stay longer.

Ate at some of the local restaurants,good spicy meals & cheap.

We experienced rain the last couple of nights in KL so we ate at a restaurant near the Pavillion called Athena's. Excellent greek salad, I had the chicken with cream & mushrooms & my husband had the beef. They were selling jugs of beer the first one didn't hit the sides as it was so humid so we shared another. Will definately go back to this restaurant.

There was a 30-70o/o sale on at Soho shopping complex ,my husband bought two pairs of leather sandles plus i bought a bag & some wallets for our girls.

Purchased 3 very nice pieces of jewellery from Tomei Gold Jewellery at Pavillion .

Thankyou everyone for your information on KL we will return,the city is amazing, the people so friendly . Cheers. CJ

Perth, Australia
reviews: 104
1. Re: Loved KL

Hi Chucky

Thanks for your lovely report. Bet you want to go back.

Travelkat

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 26
2. Re: Loved KL

Aha!!! Another person addicted to KL - woo hoo!!!

I dunno what it is, but I love the city and return as often as I possibly can!

And with Air Asia at the moment, that often as I can is becoming much more frequent!

Lise

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
reviews: 62
3. Re: Loved KL

hiya chucky glad you enjoyed your trip make sure you go back soon theres so much to see and do in k.l another convert maggieomx

UK
reviews: 136
4. Re: Loved KL

I loved KL too after a recent stay. The Petronas Towers are so beautiful at night and the city is so easy to get around and the food is fantastic!

Jervis Bay...
5. Re: Loved KL

The Petronas Towers at night all lit up reminded me of the Metropolis from the original superman series. Our taxi driver agreed laughingly replied George Reeves-Superman . Everytime i looked up i expected to see superman flying up there..Just amazing buildings.

Yes we could have spent another 4 nights in KL easy. CJ

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 169
6. Re: Loved KL

Hey,

New Years eve and the meal in Kata Seafood with RingO on Kata beach seems such a long time ago!

Gladed you loved KL and the shopping!

We loved Samui, even if Mr Mitch got food poisoning!!

Jervis Bay...
7. Re: Loved KL

Hi there Mitch,

It was lovely to meet you both, happy to hear Koh Samui won you over.

We opened one of the boxes of chocolates we bought when in Melacca last night -not bad.

I did a review on the Impiana, we did enjoy our stay there.

Keep warm over there. CJ

Edited: 4:28 pm, January 27, 2010
Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 169
8. Re: Loved KL

BRRR here -1 and you are in 40', or so my sister tells me.

Nearly finished my JBRs in word . . . .

keep in touch.

australia
9. Re: Loved KL

hey there chucky, how are you...we are going to kl in march.....hough we would try something different to phuket and bali

glad you had a good time.....say hi to all your clan from us.....

you know who i am we keep in touch via email

k,s,j,h

Jervis Bay...
10. Re: Loved KL

Hi there K & happy new year to you guys.

Have fun in KL ,the city is unbelievable if you can get the hop on hop off bus its a great way to see whats on offering. Don't get sucked in by the monk (like we did) lol, walking around the streets offering you a gold disc or sorts.

Once you take it he asks you to sign a book..but what you are really doing is donating 200 ringits to this guy - know your conversions before you commit to signing his book.

He approached us again on our return to KL but we just laughed & said no thankyou.. there were a lot of donations in his book from generous Australians- oh well live & learn..lol. CJ