We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunway Lagoon Resort

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 10
Sunway Lagoon Resort

We were thinking of going with our two kids (6 & 8) for a week at the Sunway Lagoon Resort Hotel, basically to play at the water park.

Is the lagoon theme park connected to the hotel? Is it expensive to get into each day, or can you buy say, 5 day passes? Or is this not really a viable option, ie will they get bored?

Any advice or comments about the theme park or hotel would be appreciated.

kuala lumpur
1. Re: Sunway Lagoon Resort

I stay closed to sunway theme park. Yes the kids love them. The hotel is just beside the park and they also have a shopping complex nearby (all connected via proper walkway). You can visit the park's website http://www.sunway.com.my/lagoon/ for more information on the discount card (there is the so called family package 2A + 2C. But do visit other places in Kuala Lumpur...

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 45
2. Re: Sunway Lagoon Resort

One week at this park is too long. Its fun, but one week is really too much. A day is good enough.

The rest of the time you can explore the rest of KL.

See the fireflies at Kuala Selangor,

go to the KL Zoo (its like other zoos...but children are children)

Go to Genting Highlands Theme Park

Go to Petronas Twin towers, Suria KLCC and visit the Petronas Science Exhibit on the top floor of KLCC

Maybe go further afield to Cameron Highlands or Frasers Hill to enjoy the mountains and nature?

Plenty to do here, hope you enjoy..

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 10
3. Re: Sunway Lagoon Resort

Thank you for your responses, they are much appreciated. I'll take a look at your suggestions. Regards.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Sunway Lagoon Resort

5 days is too long to spent at the theme park. Go and explore KL! There is a Sunway Lagoon package of 3 days/2 nights for 2 adults and 2 children for RM$655 (approx. AUD$280) which includes dily breakfast, 1 day admission for 2 adults and 2 children plus a choice of another day to the theme park or RM$100 food voucher, welcome drink upon arrival, welcome fruit basket. If you like it after staying there for 2 nights, extension night is available including breakfast. Their website is www.sunway.com.my.

Sydney
reviews: 57
5. Re: Sunway Lagoon Resort

I have stayed there before, the Resort has seen better days. If I were you I would stay there for no more than 3 days as it is near the airport and away from KL city. I suggest staying 3 days there and any other days at another hotel in KL such as the Shangri-la which is my favourite. The theme park is nice but I would be tired of it in 2 days even.

Kuching
reviews: 7
6. Re: Sunway Lagoon Resort

Kids love Sunway and it’s a great place for families. Be careful around holidays and on weekends though as the place can be PACKED!