We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for Leather Coats, Bags and Accoustic Guitars

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Coast
reviews: 1
Shopping for Leather Coats, Bags and Accoustic Guitars

Where to shop for Leather products and Accoustic Guitars and are they cheaper in KL than Australia

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Shopping for Leather Coats, Bags and Accoustic Guitars

Hi,

Don't know if leather products are cheaper in KL but you can check out Pertama Complex in Jalan Raja Laut.

For guitars, there are loads of music shops in KL selling these. I bought my son's accoustic guitar from Guitar Collection which is situated on the 2nd floor of One Utama shopping centre (at the old wing). However you can find similar musical instruments shops along Bukit Bintang in the heart of KL.

Check out www.guitar-collection.com.my

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Shopping for Leather Coats, Bags and Accoustic Guitars

If you're in the centre of KL, I believe there's a music instrument shop called Bentley Music opposite the Bintang Walk (that short stretch of pavement where Lot 10, KL Plaza, Piccolo Galleria are) .

There's another one called Do Re Mi along Jln Ipoh. Can't advise on the price comparison.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 47
3. Re: Shopping for Leather Coats, Bags and Accoustic Guitars

I've never seen a shop which sells nice leather coats. The climate just doesn't warrant them. Bags are a different story ... you get decent ones in almost every shop downtown. Of course if you're into luxury bags, then Suria KLCC or Pavilion would suit fine. Can't help with acoustic guitars ... husband bought his (not acoustic though) from SYD ... cost AUD15K some years ago.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 214
4. Re: Shopping for Leather Coats, Bags and Accoustic Guitars

HI

You won't find leather jackets in places like Sungai Wang as most Malayisans do not have call for them, but in the top end malls which have 'named' stores(like Pavaillion or Star Hill) or the larger departmental stores in most malls you will find leather or similar jackets as their products are aimed at a different market. Because they are the top end stores, you might find they are not as cheap as an average product back home but you are buying a high class jacket - my favorite is "Shanghi-Tang's" in the Pavillion. I can buy an average leather jacket for under £50/AU$100/320myr in the UK, but will have to pay more than double that in KL, but it will be nothing like anyone has at home!!

Bags are everywhere, leather or otherwise - check out shops like 'House of Leather' which is just in every mall. The departmental stores have some great bag and shoe sections.

Happy shopping.

5. Re: Shopping for Leather Coats, Bags and Accoustic Guitars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 04, 2009