We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Kyushu

Which Nagasaki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
reviews: 4
5 days in Kyushu

Just after some thoughts on my itinerary for my 5 nights in Kyushu (will be there in just over 3 weeks time):

Day 1 - Arrive in Nagasaki: check out the Huis ten Bosch & Hollander Slope.

Day 2 - Nagasaki: Visit Peace Park, Atomic Bomb Museum and maybe Glover Park.

Day 3 - Leave early for Kagoshima. Find somewhere for good views of Sakurajima (any ideas?).

Day 4 - Leave for Kumamoto. Check out Kumamoto Castle and Suizen-ji Garden.

Day 5 - Bus tour of Mt Aso (any ideas of companies who provide this?).

Day 6 - Leave for Kobe.

I will have a JR Railpass for travelling.

Thanks!

Fukuoka, Japan
1. Re: 5 days in Kyushu

>>Day 3 - Leave early for Kagoshima. Find somewhere for good views of Sakurajima (any ideas?).>>

Roosta, Sakurajima can be seen from almost anywhere in Kagoshima but let me suggest 1)Shiroyama Observatory (top of the hill) 2)Senganen Garden and 3)Minato Odori Koen (avenue starting from City Hall toward the bay).

Get a 600-yen day pass at the station. It covers regular buses, tourist buses (City View bus) and street cars in the city.

JLady (just moved to Kagoshima last month!)

Adelaide
2. Re: 5 days in Kyushu

Thanks JLadyTokyo.

Apparently I can get a JR train to Aso Station from Kumamoto, anyone know anything about that bused that from from the station to the cable car?

Auckland Region...
reviews: 214
3. Re: 5 days in Kyushu

Hi Roosta,

Not sure about Kumamoto to Mt Aso sightseeing tours. If they operate you should be able to book them at the Kotsu Centre which is the main bus terminal in Kumamoto. Assume your staying in the centre of Kumamoto. If so, the Kotsu Centre is very easy to walk to.

If you go by train, it will probably connect with the bus to the ropeway. Don't know how fit you are but from memory a lot of people walk.

These 2 websites will help you.

jnto.go.jp/eng/location/rtg/pdf/pg-704.pdf

www.kyusanko.co.jp/aso/english.html

Cheers.

Adelaide
4. Re: 5 days in Kyushu

Thanks for that Stanley. Reckon I might try getting the train from Kumamoto Station to Aso Station, getting the bus to the mountain, then walking.

5. Re: 5 days in Kyushu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nagasaki