We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osaka/Kyoto Holiday Weekend (1/22-11/26)

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia, USA
reviews: 2
Osaka/Kyoto Holiday Weekend (1/22-11/26)

Hi,

I'm going to be in Japan for a work trip next week and I was considering staying in-country and doing some sightseeing afterwards. The dates I could stay would be Friday 11/22 - Tuesday 11/26. I know that weekend is a holiday, but I'm not sure how that will affect the crowds or my enjoyment while there. Is it going to be a zoo in Osaka/Kyoto? I know there aren't too many hotel rooms available, so that will be a consideration as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

4 replies to this topic
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 26
1. Re: Osaka/Kyoto Holiday Weekend (1/22-11/26)

It's going to be a huge zoo in Kyoto with mobs who are after autumn leaves. Osaka won't be bad, but you may have a hard time finding a room as just about all Kyoto hotels are sold out.

Consider staying in nearby cities such as Nara and Otu or head to Tokyo instead.

Virginia, USA
reviews: 2
2. Re: Osaka/Kyoto Holiday Weekend (1/22-11/26)

Thanks for the response. My return flights leaves from KIX, so I don't think I want to head all the way up to Tokyo. Since this trip is fairly last minute, I haven't done too much research on the places to see / things to do while I'm there -- are Nara and Otu good bases to explore from?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 26
3. Re: Osaka/Kyoto Holiday Weekend (1/22-11/26)

Otsu is 10 minutes from Kyoto and 35 minutes from Osaka. Nara is 35 minutes from both Osaka and Kyoto. They are OK places to base yourself, but quiet at night, Otsu more so than Nara. Try to find a room in Osaka first, then consider these cities.

Tokyo is only 2.2 hours from Kyoto. It's not that far and it offers a whole lot to see/do.

Osaka, Japan
4. Re: Osaka/Kyoto Holiday Weekend (1/22-11/26)

There are Xmas lights called Abeno/Tennoji illuminage in Tennoji park just next to the Zoo,Osaka which you would have to pay 1000 yen per adult!! Toki no hiroba plaza@Osaka station city(5th floor) has Xmas illuminations/lights (free) too

Reply to: Osaka/Kyoto Holiday Weekend (1/22-11/26)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted