We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, BC
Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

Hi

My wife and I will be traveling in Osaka and Kyoto in about 2 weeks. My wife is interested to shop for some Shiseido cosmetic products. Any recommendations on where to do the shopping in Osaka or Kyoto. Or it is better to buy it from the Duty free shops at the airport. Thanks for any advice.

Sonny

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 30
1. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

Any department store has Shiseido products. You get larger selections in town vs. duty free shops.

Vancouver, BC
2. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

definitely department stores will have various cosmetics counter. Just wondering are there any specialty stores in the area. Thanks in advanced.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 30
3. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

Shiseido products are everywhere--drug stores, supermarkets, cosmetic shops, etc. There is no point in trying to find specific stores. If you're in Tokyo, going to Shiseido the Ginza is worth it, but I don't think Osaka/Kyoto has anything like that:

http://stg.shiseido.co.jp/

Vancouver, BC
4. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

Thanks for the link.

Kirkland, Washington
reviews: 7
5. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

In general, does you wife just want to pick up some makeup at good price or she wants service like free facial?

For the price: Local drugstore will be the best for Shiseido, Kose, Kanebo or other Japanese brands makeup + skincare. Because it carries more lower end product lines + more variety and more cute/seasonal/limited products. Also, drugstore offers discounts on the MSRP of these brands while department store doesn't.

Department store offers service and point system. Everything is marked at MSRP but if you buy certain amount (let's say 40,000 yen) they will offer you free facial and the SA is way more generous on giving away samples. Also department store tends to carry premium lines or mid-price line of each brand only.

Duty free shop is nice but product lines available is limited and often very crowded. Unless you clearly know what you want and the usual price level, don't suggest you to buy there. I bought Shiseido fake eyelash for 1260 yen in local drug store and saw the same thing at duty free for 1200 yen. I was happy to buy at drug store as I browsed around there for 2+ hrs trying everything on w/o any hassle, not sure I had that much time in the airport.

PS I bought makeup+skincare in Nagasaki drugstore, Iwataya Fukuoka (department store) and Narita Airport Duty Free about 2 weeks ago.

Vancouver, BC
6. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

HI Sandy,

Thanks for the good advice. She is just looking for re-stocking on makeup. It seems that local drug store is the way to go for selection. Hopefully, she can find some good deals there. Thanks,

Sonny

Kirkland, Washington
7. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

Sonny,

She will definitely find good deals there. Xmas or pre-xmas is always the greatest time to buy makeup--lot of sample, gift sets. Just be sure to give her PLENTY OF TIME to browse around : >

The stores may be crowded though. 1st tip: have a list of makeup items she wants (eg. foundation, eyeliner, etc) in Japanese handy. The SA there are always helpful however, they always recommends higher price or mid price products. Better browse around on her own to find the product she wants.

2nd tip: go to http://www.shiseido.co.jp/ to get familiar with the brand and product offerings. No kidding, Shiseido Japan offers 5x more products lines than North America market and each line has tons of products.....

Vancouver, BC
8. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

Sure, I better make plan for myself, while she is doing her shopping.

I have passed on the tips to her. The website link is useful. She can do more research and be more targeted for the buying.

Thanks for all the great tips again. Cheers,

Sonny

Edited: 12:32 am, November 13, 2013
Kirkland, Washington
9. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

Last tip, check out this link:

http://www.donki.com/

This store is everywhere in big cities of Japan including Osaka. They carry everything including Shiseido, not as much variety as drug store. BUT it OPENS 24 hrs!!!

Vancouver, BC
10. Re: Shiseido cosmetic products in Osaka

Thanks again for sharing your valuable experience and excellent suggestions. It has been a while since we last visited Japan, these suggestions will definitely help save us some time and do more shopping. :)

Cheers,

Sonny