We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Regis to Kansai Airport

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Corner of Earth
reviews: 72
St Regis to Kansai Airport

I'm buying the Haruka & Icoca Package (one way) on the way in to Kyoto. On the last few days of the trip I will be at St Regis Osaka, which is near the Honmachi subway station.

Can anyone advise if it would be better to get the 2 way Haruka & Icoca Package, which in this case I think we (2 adults 1 child) would need to get ourselves to Tennoji Station. Would going by Namba Station or the OCAT make better sense?

We have a morning flight and estimate that we need to leave the hotel at about 7am.

8 replies to this topic
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku
reviews: 26
1. Re: St Regis to Kansai Airport

A taxi to OCAT and the bus would certainly be easier, especially if you have lots of luggage. However, the Midosuji subway from Honmachi to Tennoji won't be too bad around 7AM and the transfer to the Haruka is not difficult. It's up to you.

Corner of Earth
2. Re: St Regis to Kansai Airport

Thanks Shibuyakko! I tend to prefer a fast train to a coach and since the transfer to get the Haruka is not too difficult, this may be the option I'll choose - as long as our luggage remains the same number of pieces at the end of the journey. ^ ^

Corner of Earth
3. Re: St Regis to Kansai Airport

So I think we will be getting 2 adults Haruka & ICOCA roundtrip at 4000yen x 2. As for the child, we'll get her a JR West one day pass at 1000yen on the way in to Kyoto, since she don't get a child rate for the Haruka package.

On the way back though, it seems like she can't have the same pass (limit to 1 pass). Hyperdia seems to indicate that she'll just have to pay slightly under 1000yen if she buy individual train tickets (Hommachi to KIX via Tennoji). Is this right? I still get confused with Hyperdia's seat fee for example. If this is right, is there any way I can buy the tickets before the day itself, especially the Haruka ticket? Is it sold at all JR counters?

Tokyo, Japan
4. Re: St Regis to Kansai Airport

How old is your child? 0 - 5 yo : free, 6 - 11: half price, 12 and above : adult fare.

It's determined by fiscal year, April 1st.

Corner of Earth
5. Re: St Regis to Kansai Airport

She is 8 years old. I'm aware that she gets half priced just not too sure if I'm getting the pricing on Hyperdia right.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
6. Re: St Regis to Kansai Airport

Her fare would be $120yen for the subway from Honmachi to Tennoji and 830yen for the Haruka non-reserved seat. Understand that the subway is not covered by the JR Pass or Haruka ticket. So with the round trip Haruka package, adults have to pay for the subway(240yen) out of your pocket, too.

Corner of Earth
7. Re: St Regis to Kansai Airport

Shibuyakko, thanks again for confirming the price. This would work out nicely.

Keeping your suggestion of taxi + OCAT route, may I know how much would the taxi fare be? A rough check on the web threw up results ranging from 1100 to 3400 yen!

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
8. Re: St Regis to Kansai Airport

The taxi fare shouldn't be much more than 1,200yen.

Reply to: St Regis to Kansai Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted