We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary check for Osaka trip

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
makati
reviews: 1
Itinerary check for Osaka trip

Hello everyone! My family (2 sons, 13 & 18) will be arriving in Kansai airport 2nd week of May. I have come up with this. I would really appreciate feedbacks if I could squeeze in more sights.

Arrive: May 9, 2013 8pm Thursday

1. 10pm check-in hostel near Kyoto station, Kyoto

2. Namba-Dotombori-Shinsaibashi in the evening.

*** Will the shops/restaurants be open? We'd probably be very hungry.

May 10, 2013 Friday

1. Osaka castle

2. Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan

3. Tempozan harbour village

4. Umeda sky building

*** I'm thinking of going around Osaka first. I'm sure I'm missing something that should be on our list.

May 11, 2013 Saturday

1. Nara Visit. Horyuji in Ikaruga-cho in the morning

2. Todaiji in Nara City. Deer Park

*** Could we squeeze in another place to see on this day? Or would it be too much to take in?

May 12, 2013 Sunday

1. Kiyomizu

2. Kodaiji-

3. Nanzenji

*** This day is not really well thought of. I just copied it in a post. I'm wondering if this would be interesting for my 13 yr. old boy who's gaga over baseball...and only baseball.

May 13, 2013 Monday

1. Universal studios

2. Namba-Dotombori-Shinsaibashi in the evening

*** I don't think there is anything else we can go to except this place. My kids would insist on a whole day.

May 14, 2013 Tuesday

1. Shopping around Kyoto

*** I'm open to suggestions on this day. We aren't really fond of shopping. Although my sons would want to check out the electronic gadgets/computers stuff. Also, can anyone tell me where I can buy baseball equipments for my son in Kyoto.

Kansai airport by 5pm for 9pm flight

Thanks so much in advance!

makati
reviews: 1
1. Re: Itinerary check for Osaka trip

And by the way,

1. Going around Osaka would be better by bus? or train?

2. Should we buy the tickets in the airport to avail of free entrance/discounts to some of the sights? Although the cut-off for such will by end of April. We are arriving in May.

3. For our day trip to Nara, what is the best way to go there? Which from among the transportation facilities is best for us in terms of savings? in terms of speed? comfort?

4. With Namba, Dotonburi and shinsaibashi, where should we go first or are they very close to one another that there is no difference among the 3? Which is the nearest from Kyoto station?

5. Would it be better for us to take the bus from Kansai going to Kyoto station? Or should we ride on the train? We'll probably make it out of the airport by 10pm at the latest.

6. Should we go by train or bus to Kyoto from Kansai airport? The hostel where we will be staying says that the hostel is just beside the station. So, should we take the train? My friends says that it's very had to communicate.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 90
2. Re: Itinerary check for Osaka trip

If you are arriving at KIX, and would want to see Dotombori at night, why don't you stay at a hostel in Osaka's Namba area instead? If you consider checking in to a hostel in Kyoto around 22:00, you won't make it to Dotombori and return to Kyoto in the same day. Kyoto-Dotombori should take about an hour at least. Trains don't run overnight. Rather, you might have quick dinner in Kyoto Station complex, or somewhere inside Kyoto City.

>>May 11, 2013 Saturday

1. Nara Visit. Horyuji in Ikaruga-cho in the morning

2. Todaiji in Nara City. Deer Park

*** Could we squeeze in another place to see on this day? Or would it be too much to take in?<<

Horyuji might be difficult to understand its awesomeness for a boy who's into Gaga (but I was a high school kid into Nirvana and have always loved Horyuji), just a caution. If you are staying in Osaka, you might add Namba/Dotombori in the evening. If you are staying in Kyoto, you might see Fushimi Inari shrine's torii in early evening, or perhaps just take a walk around Gion's Ishibe Koji, Hanami Koji, and Shirakawa River. Pontocho is also pleasant at night.

>>May 12, 2013 Sunday<<

You might do Kiyomizu to Kodaiji then Gion, Nishiki Market, and Nijo Castle.

>>May 14, 2013 Tuesday<<

Visit Kinkakuji. Shopping can be done at Kyoto Station complex- it has Isetan Department Store, Yodobashi for electronics, Avanti for something else. Kawaramachi and Karasuma area is the shopping area.

Going to a baseball game at Koshien Ballpark might be a good idea. They'll have a game starting at 18:00 on 14 May.

I have no knowledge of baseball goods shops, but internet shows a Zenseishya store within 10 minutes walk from Kyoto Station. Google for 全正社 and address: 京都市下京区七条通り油小路東入る大黒町223

Edited: 10:12 am, March 31, 2013
Manila, Philippines
reviews: 24
3. Re: Itinerary check for Osaka trip

Hi eufy from makati. It looks like your taking the cebu pacific flight into Kansai eta 7:55pm. I would suggest to check the train schedule from Kansai to kyoto stn. The last train to Kyoto leaves at 10:16pm. You will definitely catch it if the flight is on time...thats a big IF. I suggest you do kyoto sites for 2days, Universal 1day, Nara 1day and Osaka 1day. This forum has a wealth of information.

4. Re: Itinerary check for Osaka trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 03, 2014