We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sim card with data plan for mobile phone

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
eastern
reviews: 8
sim card with data plan for mobile phone

i need to be constantly online so i would need a prepaid/rented sim card for my iphone during my trip to Japan. will be in Osaka and Kyoto for 6 days.

where can i get this and which is the best and cheapest way to get this?

i came across this website which i can rent mobile devices from them:

https:/…pocketwifi.html

is this a good and reliable company?

any other better alternatives?

Singapore
reviews: 157
1. Re: sim card with data plan for mobile phone

You may consider bmobile's data sim card for visitors. Order online and they will mail it to your hotel. http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/index.html

Trier, Germany
reviews: 1
2. Re: sim card with data plan for mobile phone

There are phone rental service booths from several companies at KIX airport. You could try them.

eastern
reviews: 8
3. Re: sim card with data plan for mobile phone

how much do they normally cost on average for about 3-6 days?

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 15
4. Re: sim card with data plan for mobile phone

I've just reserved thru Telecom Square for my upcoming trip. So far they've responded my inquiries and I'm scheduled to pick up the portable Wifi at their airport booth in KIX. Hopefully I don't encounter any trouble with the service among other things. Their price is similar to GlobalAdvancedComm, just a little bit more expensive by fa few hundreds.

I've read good reviews with both companies, but GlobalAdvancedComm doesn't have an available device for my travel date.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 26
5. Re: sim card with data plan for mobile phone

>> how much do they normally cost on average for about 3-6 days?

all rental places have websites with full disclosure of rates

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 15
6. Re: sim card with data plan for mobile phone

I've just returned our Pocket Wifi rental from Telecom Square.

I highly recommend them. The good thing about them is they have locations in KIX at the arrival and departure area, so the pick up and return was a breeze.

I rented for 7 days and I got good coverage for most parts in Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, Nara, varying from LTE and 3G signals. The battery life was good, as long as you turn it off when you don't need it. The unit can get a little hot after a while so I'd usually turn it off in these cases.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 3
7. Re: sim card with data plan for mobile phone

I though of get one too. Just like find out whether instruction manual on the Pocket Wifi easy to understand and use. Did you order the 21 or 75 Mbps> How is the coverage?. Can you please advice the KIX location to pick up the Pocket Wifi.

8. Re: sim card with data plan for mobile phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 13, 2014