We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 hours in Osaka Kansai

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield, IL
reviews: 3
12 hours in Osaka Kansai

will be flying from bangkok on 1/20 and arriving at Osaka Kansai at 6:25 am--I am assuming this would be on 1/21? I don't know the timetable? Will fly out of Osaka at 6:25 pm to Dallas, Texas. Any idea what I could possibly do with less than 12 hours?

Thanks,

Natalie

Japan
reviews: 3
1. Re: 12 hours in Osaka Kansai

Osaka (city) is about an hour from the airport so you could spend a bit of time in town before getting back on the plane. There are both trains and buses travelling from the airport but the bus would be a better choice for a first time visitor to Japan. Be sure to check into the Visa requirements if you want to leave the airport, I'm not sure what they cost these days. The Kansai airport is great, there are good shopping and dining options but occupying yourself for 12 hours there may be difficult. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Tokyo
reviews: 57
2. Re: 12 hours in Osaka Kansai

As megansensei told, it takes around 1 hour from kansai Airport to city of Osaka and it costs around 2,000yen for round trip between Airport and Osaka. I recommend having 4 hour at the least to go to Osaka. Therefore you should give up going out form Airport, if your plain is delayed. If Plain arrives at Kansai on time, you might go to Kyoto or Nara (2 hour: one way), but we consider it will be busy trip.

Anyway, It is not good idea but I suggest you to visit Osaka Castle.

osakacastle.net/006/006/castle_en/index.htm

Transport : Kansai Airport –(Nankai)-Shin-imamiya-(JR Osaka Loop)- Osaka Jo Koen

Or Kansai Airport –(JR)-Tennoji-(JR Osaka Loop)- Osaka Jo Koen

For timetable and any other information, please refer as follows.

www.kansai-airport.or.jp/fp/e/english.html

www.kansai-airport.or.jp/english/index.htm