We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kintetsu Rail Pass

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dresden, Germany
reviews: 9
Kintetsu Rail Pass

Plan is to get the rail pass from the Kansai Airport Travel Agency upon arrival..

I will be travelling direct to Nagoya from Kansai Airpot and my plan was

- to take train From Kansai Airport to Tennoji

- Swap to JR Osaka Loop Line and head for Tsuruhashi.

- at Tsuruhashi change to the Kintetsu ltd Exp for Nagoya using the Kintetsu pass.

Question is do they issued the voucher or the actual ticket at the Travel Agency Desk at Kansai. ?? .. I am not taking the bullet train due to cost

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Himeji, Kobe, Osaka
reviews: 14
1. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

If you get the Wide Kintetsu pass it comes with a round trip bus transfer from the airport to Uehonmachi; you'll have to do the math to see if that makes sense, cost-wise. Otherwise I'd go from KIX to Namba and take the Kintetsu from there; it is actually cheaper if you take the train (approx 900 yen).

If you go by bus, the bus to these Kintetsu stations: Uehonmachi (Kintetsu) is 2700 round trip (1500 each way); kawachi nagano is 1250; Namba (1000).

These links might help:

www.hyperdia.com (For KIX put Kansai in the From field)

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_006.html

kansai-airport.or.jp/en/access/bus/index.html

John W.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
2. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

KIX to Namba on Nankai Airport Line is 890 Yen so it's quite a good deal. The only issue is you have to walk close to 10 minutes to reach Osaka-Namba Station for Kintetsu Rail. If you don't mind the walking, this is the simplest transfer available.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
reviews: 38
3. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

I recommend taking the Nankai Line to Namba and transfer to Kintetsu there as well. Namba is a huge station and it takes several minutes to get to Kintetsu platforms from Nankai platforms but it's much better than transferring at Tennoji and Tsuruhashi.

Dresden, Germany
reviews: 9
4. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

thanks all... yess.. looks like Osaka Namba it will be...

i will be buying the normal Kintetsu pass ticket.. not the WIDE version...

again.. do i get the actual ticket from the agency at the airport or .. i need to change it at the Osaka Namba Kintetsu office... i know the walk at Namba is long.. hehehehe... thats the reason i opt for the Osaka Loop line.. no walking

5. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 12, 2010