We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trekking to snow monkey park

Which Nagano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 59
Trekking to snow monkey park

I will be visiting snow monkeys this 12feb2013. I am from the equator, never had -0 celsius experience. Can anyone advise on appropriate footwear and winter gear?

Will Timberland Gore-Tex hiking shoes enough to keep me warm and dry?

Sydney, Australia
1. Re: Trekking to snow monkey park

We went to the snow monkeys park two weeks ago. At the time the temperature was several degrees below zero, and snowing lightly. I was wearing ski gear as we had been skiing (jacket and pants) but just wearing normal sneakers and socks. I think your hiking shoes will be fine. I saw plenty of japanese ladies doing this walk wearing high heel boots and jeans! The path to the park is mostly level (apart from the walk up the road through the village and some steps) however it can be very slippery so be careful where you walk.

Singapore
reviews: 59
2. Re: Trekking to snow monkey park

Thank you very much for your advice.

I am always amazed by the Japanese ladies-they and their high heels. It does not matter where they are or what the weather is they can be on heels and yet still faster then me on flats.

3. Re: Trekking to snow monkey park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 02, 2014