We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Miyako

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 6
Westin Miyako

Hi-

I'm considering the Westin Miyako Kyoto for my trip in May, and they have a pretty good rate online. Does anyone know the latest status on the renovations? If I reserve a "superior" room (lowest price), does this mean I'll definitely end up in the old wing? ie, Are any of the renovated rooms sold as "superior" rooms, or are the renovated rooms just more expensive?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thx,

Josh

birmingham,al
1. Re: Westin Miyako

I stayed at westin 1year ago for 3 nights, I was very happy with hotel plus they have a shuttle bus that drops you off in town. the beds were the best of any on my 14 day trip in japan. their breakfest buffet was also very good

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
reviews: 1
2. Re: Westin Miyako

I should possibly be wrong, but the way I see the interior of the lobby areas for both, the West Wing, (the renovation of which is finished; so I heard from one of the bells, but I'm not sure about the interior of the rooms there) looks as nice as the 'newly-built ' East Wing...

The location is just perfect; Nanzenji Temple is just down the neat road, from which the comfy Okazaki area is a couple of min walk also, and the northern part of Gion is on the down-hill Boulevard from the Westin.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 28
3. Re: Westin Miyako

Thisyearsboy,

Why don't you send a direct e-mail to the hotel and ask them your questions.....that way if you end up in an old room and you think you are getting a renovated one....you at least have your e-mail to support any arguement that may happen.

San Francisco...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Westin Miyako

Thanks for the responses. We actually decided to stay in an apartment in Kyoto (booked through VRBO.com) - much cheaper, and we don't intend to spend much time wherever we stay anyway. I'll let everyone know how it is after we return... flight is in 11 hours and getting very excited!

5. Re: Westin Miyako

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 am, September 01, 2009