We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kobe Illuminage - how to get there from Kobe

Which Kobe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 21
Kobe Illuminage - how to get there from Kobe

I read that there is a Kobe Illuminage at the Kobe Municipal Fruit and Flower Park, which is not near the city of Kobe.

How do we get there from Sannomiya Station? Preferably by train or subway, if possible.

The website: http://kobeilluminage.com/ is all in Japanese which I don't understand

Kobe, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
reviews: 137
1. Re: Kobe Illuminage - how to get there from Kobe

Are you coming to Kobe from Osaka? If so, you can take the JR train line from there to Amagasaki and change there to catch another train to Sanda Station. There is a free bus from Sanda Station to the Illuminage event. Or you can take a bus from Sannomiya Station if you are in Kobe.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 21
2. Re: Kobe Illuminage - how to get there from Kobe

I will be in Kobe (as I plan to be there from the morning for a day trip)

What bus can I catch from Sannomiya Station?

Kobe, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
3. Re: Kobe Illuminage - how to get there from Kobe

I hope you will be here on a Saturday, Sunday or National Holiday because those days have the least complicated way to get to this event from Sannomiya. If you are here on any of these days, you can catch a "Fruits Flower Park" shuttle bus from just outside the Central Gate in Sannomiya Station. You would go out the Central Gate and then to the south side away from the mountains. The Fruits Flower Park Shuttle is ONLY at 17:30 on these days. There are other times but the one before this is at 12:20 p.m. and then there is nothing after that until the 17:30 shuttle. The cost is 600 yen one way and it takes only about 35 minutes which is fast compared to your other options. The return shuttle for Sannomiya is at 20:00.

Kobe, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
4. Re: Kobe Illuminage - how to get there from Kobe

If you are coming to Kobe during the week and want to go to Fruits Flower Park then it is more difficult and will take some time. You would have to go back towards Osaka in order to get on a different train line to take you back to that part of Kobe. I just had Japanese colleagues figure this out for you as I was gettig too confused and this is the best way that they could come up with.

Taking the Hankyu Line from Sannomiya would be the cheapest option at 590 yen one way. If you have the JR Pass then you would have to go back to Amagasaki and then to Sanda.

If you take Hankyu, you would take the limited express train to "Nishinomiya Kitaguchi" Station and then change trains to the "Takarazuka" line. That will also take to you to Sanda. From Sanda Station, there is the free Fruits Flower Park shuttle that takes 15 minutes from there. This route with train changes and shuttle bus will take you over an hour to get there as opposed to that weekend shuttle bus from Sannomiya.

There is actually another way to go via the Kobe Dentetsu Line but everyone here is telling me that it is longer and more expensive even though you will still be traveling within Kobe.

I hope this is helpful.

Sorry, I noticed that I did not say that the weekend and holiday shuttle bus is outside of the Central Gate of JR Sannomiya Station. That 17:30 shuttle will be available on December 10, 11, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25 and 31.

5. Re: Kobe Illuminage - how to get there from Kobe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 09, 2012