We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time Needed for Sightseeing

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hawaii Kai, Hawaii
reviews: 454
Time Needed for Sightseeing

Hello: We would like to see the Peace Memorial Park & Museum. About how long should we plan to see the sights, without rushing thru? Thank you!

reviews: 19
1. Re: Time Needed for Sightseeing

For most people, a half day is sufficient. Different people react differently; but if you are deeply affected by what you see at the museum, you may want to spend a few hours afterwards wandering around, and you can spend that time well by looking at the various memorials in the park that surrounds the museum, or walking through the downtown area. There is also the former Bank of Japan building, within walking distance of the main museum, that includes a small museum space with additional exhibits.

Cheshire - England
reviews: 11
2. Re: Time Needed for Sightseeing

My wife and I were short on time so only allowed one afternoon and evening for Hiroshima. He has lunch then spent about two and a half hours to go round the museum and then the rest of the afternoon in the park.

In the evening we then walked round the peace park again and went in to the side street to see the Hypo Centre being the actual point of the bomb.

While we did see all the main sights I wish we had allowed a full day as the whole place was very moving and there is plenty to see, in addition Hiroshima is the type of place that many of us will only ever visit once so do you really want to be rushed?

I would also suggest that you have a good look at the museum web sight as this can give you a very good idea of what you can see when you are there.

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/top_e.html

3. Re: Time Needed for Sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 08, 2014