We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miyajima Hiking trails

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milan, Italy
reviews: 3
Miyajima Hiking trails

Hello,

during my next trip to Japan in late March/early April I plan to do a day trip to Miyajima from Kyoto.

After visiting the Itsukushima Shrine, I'll want to reach the summit of Mt. Misen; for sure I'll ascend using the ropeway, but I was wondering: how long it would take to walk back DOWNHILL from Mt Misen summit ti Daisho-in? If it doesn't take too long, I would like to walk.

Also, my parents (in their early 60's) will be with me: is it a difficult or tiring walk? Otherwise, we'll take the ropeway both ways.

Thanks

Hiroshima, Japan
1. Re: Miyajima Hiking trails

Hi DottIng

It takes around 90 minutes to walk UP the Daishoin Route, so it should be a quicker coming down. There are a lot of steps and it can be quite hard on the knees if you are not used to hiking, but if reasonably fit you should be OK.

Paul

http://www.gethiroshima.com

Milan, Italy
reviews: 3
2. Re: Miyajima Hiking trails

Hi Paul,

thanks for the helpful info; i guess that the walk downhil might then be a little over an hour, then; it sounds fine.

Hiroshima, Japan
3. Re: Miyajima Hiking trails

An hour sounds about right. I recently went up and down with my 10 year old son - up in 90 min and a quick walk down in less than an hour.

Paul

4. Re: Miyajima Hiking trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 07, 2014