We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening in Hiroshima

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 10
Evening in Hiroshima

We are arriving by cruise ship after 8pm on July 4,2013. I plan on visiting the peace park and museum the following day, July 5, 2013. Since we must be back on board by 4 pm on the 5th, I do not think I will have time to visit Miyajima island that day. Is it worthwhile to try to get there in the late evening of the 4 th? If not does anyone have a suggestion as to what to do after 8 pm when the ship docks on the 4 th?

Thank you for any input!

Karen

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 87
1. Re: Evening in Hiroshima

I think it is a bit too late. The Itsukushima Shrine in Miyajima will be closed at around 17:00. I think you can take the earliest morning train/tram to Miyajima-guchi and visit the shrine in the morning, as it is open from 06:30. You should have enough time for the Peace Museum and the Park until 2PM or so.

You might stay at a ryokan in Miyajima though, if you like. The short ferry is running until 22:42. However, there is practically nothing open around that time.

translate.google.co.jp/translate…

If you stay in Hiroshima City (which I recommend over staying in Miyajima), I recommend visiting the Okonomiyaki Village.

www.okonomimura.jp/foreign/english.html

Although Hiroshima is a fairly large city, there aren't so many things that you can do after 20:00 or 21:00, other than to have dinner and have some drinks at a bar. There are usual entertainment opportunities that you'd find in any Japanese city, like Izakaya taverns, Karaoke boxes, batting centers, bowling (please google map search). Donki discount store open until 05:00 in the morning: www.donki.com/search/shop_detail.php…

There should be a spa house too somewhere, if you want to relax in a hot large bath and perhaps take a massage.

I imagine that 20:00 would be a bit too late for a baseball game.

Edited: 9:01 am, January 28, 2013
NJ
reviews: 10
2. Re: Evening in Hiroshima

We are on a cruise ship so your suggestion of a ryokan is nice, but not feasible.i don't know how far the cruise ship is from any of the suggested things to do.

reviews: 19
3. Re: Evening in Hiroshima

Dinner at Okonomiyaki Village followed by a stroll through the downtown area and Peace Park. There are many outdoor monuments you can see at Peace Park at any hour.

4. Re: Evening in Hiroshima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 30, 2014