We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 1
Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

Hello,

I'll be in Hiroshima for a day trip, and I heard Hiroshima is known for okonomiyaki (which is different than Osaka-style okonomiyaki). Can you recommend any places that make good okonomiyaki? In addition, can you recommend any other good foods to try in Hiroshima?

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks.

reviews: 28
1. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

Hiroshima is on the inland sea so known for it's great seafood - particularly oysters. It's lively city & there are lots of great places to eat.

rds.gnavi.co.jp/lang/en/…

If it's okonomiyaki you are after - then most visitors go to Okonomiyaki Mura - It's the kind of food you need to be very hungry (or drunk) to enjoy.

www.okonomimura.jp/foreign/english.html

Tokyo has monjayaki - you need not be as hungry or drunk to eat that but it doesn't rate highly on 'my eats' list either.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 90
2. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

Monja is not really something you eat.

It's something you fiddle with your new girlfriend.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Japan
reviews: 15
3. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

My favorite Hiroshima food is okonomiyaki, and the okonomiyaki mura is a good place to try it.

www.okonomimura.jp/foreign/english.html

There are also a number of other restaurants that serve okonomiyaki, each known for its own particular style.

Enjoy!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 26
4. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

okonomi mura, okonomiyaki republic: 2 side-by-side buildings full of okonomiyaki stalls.

5. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 11, 2013