We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiroshima to Kyoto

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 12
Hiroshima to Kyoto

Hi there,

I don't want a JR pass as only going one way and three small seperate journeys.. I just require a single fare from Hiroshima to Kyoto. Then Kyoto to Hakone. Then Hakone to Tokyo.

I have checked out Hyperdia which tells me the way to structure the fare but it doesn't actually give me the price of the fare (with or without a seat reservation) Can anyone please tell me how to find what the actual price is for those three journeys, via any bullet train..

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 80
1. Re: Hiroshima to Kyoto

Hyperdia of course tells you the cost of your ride. Enter your journeys as:

Hiroshima - Kyoto

Kyoto - Hakoneyumoto

Hakoneyumoto - Tokyo (or wherever you might go in Tokyo)

Under each result, you will see the total fare, which is the "fare" + "seat fee". Seat fee is not optional. It's really a misnomer for an express charge of the particular train. On certain trains (including all Shinkansens), you can choose between a reserved/unreserved seat using the pulldown menu. The unreserved seat is only a few hundred Yen cheaper.

If you won't be using a JR Pass, from Hakoneyumoto to Tokyo, taking Odakyu might make more sense if money matters.

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 103
2. Re: Hiroshima to Kyoto

>>I have checked out Hyperdia which tells me the way to structure the fare but it doesn't actually give me the price of the fare (with or without a seat reservation).<<

It does tell you the actual price, as well as distance. Please look again.

Hiroshima-Kyoto on Hikari or Sakura Service: Total: 10,790 yen (seat reserved, ordinary class). Without seat reservation, it's 10,280 yen.

www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html…

If you use the Nozomi or Mizuho service calling at fewer stations, Total: 11,090 yen (seat reserved).

Kyoto-Odawara (base for Hakone) is Total: 11,750 yen (seat reserved)

Odawara-Tokyo can be done in several other ways, but if you use the Shinkansen, it's 3,640 yen (seat reserved, ordinary class).

London, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Hiroshima to Kyoto

Thank you so much, I couldn't find it. Can I book these tickets online through this site? Also, by any chance do you know if the Shinkansen goes direct from Odawara to Narita or Haneda airports?

Thank you again.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 66
4. Re: Hiroshima to Kyoto

The Hyperdia link that Yobeekool gave you will give you train routing options and fares. You can't purchase tickets online ahead of time.

You'll need to change trains in Tokyo (Shinagawa) to get to HND or NRT from Odawara.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 80
5. Re: Hiroshima to Kyoto

Just buy your tickets upon arrival at a JR Travel Service Center or the Ticket Window. Usually, trains aren't sold out. As you are just buying individual tickets, spend the few extra hundred Yen to get reserved seats.

6. Re: Hiroshima to Kyoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 04, 2013