We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

Hi

I am travelling in Japan for three weeks going to Hakone, Kanazawa, Osaka, Hiroshima, Kyoto and Tokyo. I have three days that are unplanned and don't know how where best to spend my time. I think I need some chill time but don't necessarily need to spend all three nights in one place. Perhaps two nights chilling and one a bit more active. I did consider going to Nagasaki for one night and then a ryokan with hot springs in Kyushu but not sure if it's worth the travel time when I need to get back to Kyoto.. Kurashiki and Tsuwano were proposed?? I'd really like a Ryoken with a private bath too. All ideas would be appreciated....thanks!!

Tokyo, Japan
1. Re: 3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

How about Beppu and Matsuyama? Both are famous for onsen and accessible by ferry to each other. Tsuwano sounds nice too. You can virtually visit any place in Kyushu. Chugoku and Seto Inland Sea region if you have a rail pass and 3days.

Glasgow, United...
2. Re: 3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

Thanks I'll look into those destinations. Was slightly put off BEPPU by the size of the hotels. I was looking for traditional but luxurious ryokan with a private hot spring bath. Do you know of any there?

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
3. Re: 3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

I would definitely stay a night in Miyajima after Hiroshima.

Glasgow, United...
4. Re: 3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

Thanks!!

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: 3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

yeah as Chrella advised, should definitely spend one night at a Ryokan in Miyajima. as to ryokans with private bathrooms i'm not too sure though but this has had some good reviews on tripadvisor :)

http://ryoso-kawaguchi.jp/E.index.htm

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 107
6. Re: 3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

Check out Naoshima, the art island near Okayama in the inland sea.

Glasgow, United...
7. Re: 3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

Thank you. I'll check both out.

reviews: 27
8. Re: 3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

Kyushu is very rewarding & has great scenery. Yufuin is a very lovely town with a lot of accommodation - ryokan & onsen some will have private onsen bath for sure. yufuin.or.jp/global/index.php…

It's easily accessible by train from Hakata on the Yufuin no Mori sightseeing train. jrkyushu.co.jp/english/…yufuin_no_mori.html

http://www.welcomekyushu.com/area/oita.html

Edited: 8:42 am, September 12, 2012
9. Re: 3 nights to spare between Hiroshima and Kyoto where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 16, 2013